PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM
N00b

Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question 700wx ROM Update to 6.1

I was wondering if anyone has used a cooked 6.1 update on their 700wx. If so, how long ago, how does it work, regrets, does it survive a hard reset, what if you want to resort to WM5?

Thanks!
Bill
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: 700wx ROM Update to 6.1

I'm not sure 6.1 is available for the 700WX. Palm just released the official 6.0 update about two weeks ago and it's been available as a custom ROM for some time.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Sprint

Xxsrt4xX is a n00b

The only problem is that the official update is for Verizon only.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxsrt4xX View Post
The only problem is that the official update is for Verizon only.
Go over to XDA-Developers.com and search Treo Kitchen there are a couple of custom roms for 6.1 as well as a kitchen posted to cook your own files...

Yes, it survives hard resets....

Here is the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134

Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

Has anyone used any of the custom ROMs from XDA? If so, which ones and are they stable?

Coz, if you happen to read this which ROM did you use on your 700wx for Sprint?

Thanks!
Bill
Old 11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I'm still parked on WM5. For me it's all about stability. I have had no reason to upgrade to WM6 so I'm not gonna mess with a good thing. WM5 suits me just fine. I'll wait to upgrade when/if the Treo 850 Pro gets released to Sprint.

late,
Coz
Old 11-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Kyusaku is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
Has anyone used any of the custom ROMs from XDA? If so, which ones and are they stable?

Bill
Currently testing out NightRaven's WM 6.1 Sprint Beta 13 Build. Some people are experiencing slow performance, but personally it runs pretty smooth for me(Except PIE, but when is PIE smooth? :P) He is still trying to build a ROM that has Bluetooth ActiveSync working OTB(out of the box). A previous build had it working, but after some changes to a new OEM build it broke. Someone managed to figure out a mod to have BT ActiveSync, but requires some software and regedits on the PC you're syncing with and the mobile(NightRaven doesn't care much for this and wants it to work OTB). Haven't run into any big issues, just a few aesthetic issues.

This is his thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2895644

Previously you asked about hard resets, what happens when you install one of these, you overwrite the internal ROM backup the phone has, so whenever you hard reset, it will reload the new custom ROM because the factory WM5 is overwritten. You can always go back to WM5 if you need to though by loading a WM5 ROM the way you loaded the custom ROM.There are even custom WM5 ROMs on TreoCentral.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

(The install instructions on the TreoCentral thread a bit more clearer than NightRaven's on XDA)
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah....XDA should allow you to cook up whatever you want in a ROM for the 700wx
Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Kyusaku is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku

As an update, NightRaven has gone p***** the beta stages and released a final 6.1 version ROM for several providers, link in my previous post.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

My wife has the 700wx for Sprint, and I thought about flashing one of the 6.x ROMS but don't want to take any chances. Hopefully SPrint will have an official ROM for WM 6.x at some point for this phone (one can always hope)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX