PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bmatic586 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need your opinion on 700WX vs. 700P from sprint

I was just looking for your opinion about these two types of phone, which on do you prefer.
i have the 700wx and i love it, of course the wm5 os has it issues (applications shutting down and wanting to send error reports and such) i have the mms hack and that works fine for now.

as far as the 700p goes, i know that it is sprint tv capable

the reason i'm asking is because when i use the speaker phone there is a distinct hissing noise coming from the speaker, i can hear the other person on the line just fine but it's a really big hissing noise coming from the speaker, and also when outlook shuts down for now reason (tmail.exe needs to close message). Do you guys think i just got a bad phone or what?

If i go to the sprint store will they give me a new phone? it hasn't been thirty days since i got this one, i don't have the protection plan on my phone?

if i can get a new one, should i get the wx or the p if i can choose?
what are the technical specs for those two phones? i know the proc is the same, how about the memory?

thanks, i know this is a lot, but i spent a lot of money on this phone and i don't want it not to work the way it's suppose to.

thank you for your responses.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
The wx is a superior beast hands down.
If there is a problem with the speaker phone it can't hurt to take it back to Sprint and see what they can do for you. I doubt that there is much of a difference between the 700p speaker vs. the 700wx speaker. So don't compare the two based on such a small issue.

You can also disable the "send error message" so that won't show up any more.

Just my 0.2 cents.

late,
Coz
Old 04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
The wx is a superior beast hands down.
If there is a problem with the speaker phone it can't hurt to take it back to Sprint and see what they can do for you. I doubt that there is much of a difference between the 700p speaker vs. the 700wx speaker. So don't compare the two based on such a small issue.

You can also disable the "send error message" so that won't show up any more.

Just my 0.2 cents.

late,
Coz
+1 on that topic... 700wx by far
Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
You are definately going to get more votes towards the wx since this is a PPC forum.

I don't get a hissing sound coming out of my speaker, and haven't had any errors closing apps and reporting in a long time, months at the least.

I'd try to get a new device, and also take a look at what you have installed. Your tmail errors may be related to that. I've heard of some users getting the tmail error because of the MMS hack, but some just see it as the price to pay to have the hack installed.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bmatic586 is a n00b
ok...cool...it doesn't bother me,and i think it is because of the mms hack because it only happens when it's in the mms mailbox, i love the phone, i just want it to perform like it's supposed to.

thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
I had a P for just short of a month. I have been using Palm OS for about 10 years and have never really been unhappy. That said, obviously I'm now a PPC user since I'm here. I read somewhere that to compare Palm OS to WM would be like saying that Palm OS is like Windows 95 service pack 35. It really hasn't changed in 10 years except for the advent of full color. It sure beats green.

Windows Mobile 5 is powerful, smart, and easy to use. There is great software for it and I trust it to manage my business. I'll be the first to say there are things that Palm messed up by not including, but thankfully there are a lot of smart folks out there helping us out with some hacks and software.

Also, disable error reporting and you'll forget that it ever as a problem.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

bmatic586 is a n00b
i disabled it, but i'm still going to try to exchange it, in one week i've had this happen twice...an error occurs when i try to receive a call, and i can answer the call, it says call in progress, but it's not really, i can't hear the other person. also once, without touching the sd card, it all of a sudden said sd card inserted and asked me to scan it....again call didn't go through
Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
The SD card thing is a fairly common problem I think. It has something to do with a certain file being in the main directory of the SD card.
Try this:
http://ppcgeeks.com/memory-card-dial...ight,card.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX