PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Lurker

crackface is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it possible to map the in-call mute function to button?

I'm guessing not, but want to be sure no one has any tricks to do this. Using the right softkey & "m" is a bit of a pain. Would rather program it into my side button if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice....
Old 04-02-2007, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
If you look on the screen, there is a soft button for MUTE, and one for SPEAKERPHONE.

If the screen lock is enabled during a call, it covers these buttons, but the default selection is MUTE, so pressing the center button will mute the call. Otherwise, you can tap either button while in a call right on the screen.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crackface is a n00b
I'm a bit confused....

When I place a call, the left and right soft buttons (if I'm using the "soft button" term correctly - these are the actions triggered by the short/wide buttons on either side of the directional pad) show "Hold" and "Menu" respectively.

In order to mute, I've had to hit the "Menu" right softkey, and then either hit "m", or use the directional pad to select "Mute" from the menu.

Should I be seeing speakerphone and mute as 2 direct actions represented by both softkeys?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
no. directly on the screen when the active call window is displayed....
which is a white box displaying call information such as the name of the person you are talking to, phone number, call timer. At the bottom of that window there are two icons that represent speakerphone and mute.
The speakerphone option looks like a phone receiver with diagonal lines coming out of it, representing sound waves, and the mute option looks like an old time radio microphone with an X next to it. To activate these options... tap one of them on the screen. These are not the hardware keys flanking the directional pad, they are on the screen itself, which is a touchscreen (if you didn't know that).

Place a call and physically look at the screen for these two options.

As I said in the previous post, the center hardware button in the middle of the directional pad will also activate one of these buttons that is selected, which is shown as a blue border (Windows Default color) around the selected option. The default selection is mute. so when you are in a call, just press the center button and that will mute the call.

let me know if that helps any.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Basically... look at this...

There you go, the highlighted on-screen button is a Mute button, the other one turns on/off the speaker.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Thank you, Pibe.

I dont have a screen cap program.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
u don't have a screen capture program? that's nonsense, everybody should havw one =) get it right here(free) http://www.ppcgeeks.com/anyone-have-...app-t3669.html
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
There's also some on the first post of the Your Today Screen thread. I loce GetPDAScreen becauase you don't need to install it on the device, it's very small and directly on your PC.

If I ever need to take a screenshot on my device, iLauncher has that ability included.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

crackface is a n00b
Hi Pibe38/wouldya -

I don't have that same screen. Is it maybe due to a difference between the 700W (which I have) and a WX? I'm having some difficulty getting screen cap included here due to limitation of link inclusion for someone w/ low posts. I've included as an attachment and also threw it in as my avatar in case that doesn't work.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 PM
The Enforcer

Well that's odd... never heard of that before. Don't know the reason behind. I'd check the 700W's manual for screenshots there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX