PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Lurker

Treo_Cowboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Treo_Cowboy
SD Cards

My question is, I purchased a 700wx that came with a 2gb card, Can I purchase a 4gb and stick it in and the next active syn everything will go on the 4gb or do I need to totaly remove everything and reinstall.

Love the site also! This is my first smart phone so I am a little leary to do much in fear that I will mess something up.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Welcome

If you installed apps on the SD card, you could just copy the files from one card to the other using your PC. You can use your Treo also, by just copying the files onto a temp folder on your Treo.

I can't remember, but I think WM5 (Windows Mobile 5) has trouble reading anything above 2Gb. But I believe there are a few that successfully used 4Gb. I may be wrong. I would buy a 4Gb locally and if it works well, return it and buy one at a lower cost online.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Treo_Cowboy is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Treo_Cowboy
thank you for the help! I did find on here a 4gb card that was working for everyone.

good idea on the purchase thing to. I bought locally and it didn't work but had the sdhc. purchsed the tred one everyone talkinged about on here. learned come here before doing anything on the new phone. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX