PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Lurker

mbressman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mbressman Send a message via AIM to mbressman Send a message via MSN to mbressman Send a message via Yahoo to mbressman
Bluetooth Link between Treo 700wx and Audi Crashes Device

I currently have a Sprint Treo 700wx running Windows Mobile 5. I use this device for a number of things, including Exchange Activesync and to make and receive hands free phone calls in my car (2006 Audi A4 2.0T) via Bluetooth. The issue I'm currently having involves my device crashing whenever it attempts to connect via Bluetooth with my car for hands free use (in answering calls and making phone calls).

Here is some background:
Recently, I had a problem with my hosted Exchange service provider and had to switch to a new one (1and1). It took me a while to get the Treo 700wx wirelessly sync'ed up correctly with the 1and1 Exchange server because it kept creating duplicates and I couldn't figure out how to just delete the PIM data on the Treo and then download it via sync from the Exchange Server. Finally, I was able to do it. The only other change that has been made in the past few days is that when I enabled the Treo 700wx to sync wirelessly with the 1and1 Exchange Server, it told me that the 1and1 Exchange server was going to be enforcing security policies on my device (although it didn't say exactly what security policies - I have an email out to 1and1 about that right now).

Here is the current issue:
It seems that whenever I get into my car and start it up and it attempts to establish the Bluetooth link with my phone, my phone will crash shortly thereafter with the following error message: "A problem has occurred with services.exe"
The Bluetooth link will then alternate on and off every minute or so. Meanwhile, everytime I choose "Don't Send" on the device (regarding the error - to clear it), the device just keeps crashing again and again and the same error message keeps appearing. It's only when I shut off my car and thereby shut off the car's Bluetooth signal that the error message goes away. It's possible that the error might only occur after the device locks or the screen turns off...I haven't quite done enough testing to determine if that's the case - but regardless it never crashed before at all.

Here's what I tried:
- soft reset
- soft reset followed by deleting bluetooth partnership between Audi and Treo and then re-add partnership
- connecting my phone to a bluetooth GPS receiver - worked fine; no crash (although its possible that the crash may occur when the display turns off, in which case this didn't occur when the bluetooth gps receiver was connected since it was actively running the TomTom Navigator 6 GPS program).

I'd prefer not to have to do a hard reset because I have a ton of other programs on my Treo as well as customizations and it would take me a long time to get it back to the way I have it now.

I don't know if this helps or matters, but the Bluetooth hands-free partnership listed on the Treo 700wx for the Audi is named: Audi UHV 7893

Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated, as I use the hands free bluetooth link between my phone and my car all the time! Please let me know if you need any other info. Thanks!

- marc
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Are you or have you tried adding A2DP?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
a2dp was gonna be my answer too. I have an 07 a4 and my 700wx connects thru BT fine with a2dp.

my only problem is when I'm in a call and select ''cancel bluetooth'' the audio transfers but the car doesn't go back to regular mode (back to radio/cd etc).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX