PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3507)

nitty917 03-28-2007 05:47 AM

Time

I am having a few problem with my phone, first my phone doesn't recognize mp3 format for ring tones. Second my time keep going back 1 hour. Could someone please help. thanks

CozBoogie 03-28-2007 03:56 PM

Where are you putting your mp3 that you want to use as ringtones? You should be putting them in Windows/Rings.
Can you tell me more about your "time" problem. Does your device maintain the time for a bit and then it changes on its own? Is it your calendar that's wrong?

Late,
Coz

nitty917 03-28-2007 07:07 PM

Yes my mp3 file is on the windows/ring directory. My phone doesn't recognize mp3 format no more for some reason. With the time situation, it reverse back to 1 hour after a soft reset or sometime it just do it by itself. The time on top of the bar not the calender. Thanks for you help.

CozBoogie 03-28-2007 07:19 PM

So your phone used to recognize mp3s? And it used to display the correct time? Did you add a new program recently? What changes have you done recently to your phone?

Late,
Coz

DexterDawg 03-29-2007 08:09 AM

I've had time issues for a while. my time zone randomly reverts to seskatchewan (sp) time from central time. they don't recognize daylight savings time so it screws the time up by 1 hour. Sprint told me to turn off network time, but I think that's a pretty lame "fix". Is this at all like your problem?

nitty917 03-29-2007 09:42 PM

Yes that the same problem.... how did you fix it..?

Coz, i install treo alert 3.8 and ran the mort scripts.. I don't know what happened but my phone doesn't recognize the mp3 file no more... please help

CozBoogie 03-29-2007 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitty917
Yes that the same problem.... how did you fix it..?

Coz, i install treo alert 3.8 and ran the mort scripts.. I don't know what happened but my phone doesn't recognize the mp3 file no more... please help

First try uninstalling Treo Alert. I know it is a repeating alert type of program but I don't know if it would conflict with mp3 playing. Do you have a back-up (e.g., using Sprite, etc.) device before the problem happened? This may sound stupid, but do you have the volume turned up on your phone (top slider switch and side volumes)? I've pulled that brain fart before. You might be looking at a hard reset and the loading of you 3rd party apps again...hopefully you don't have that much and have them saved on your home pc.

Let me know what happens.

Late,
Coz

nitty917 03-30-2007 01:10 AM

Thanks for your reply, Yes i uninstall the programs. i still have that problem. I'm not sure what had happened but i guess i have to do a hard reset. *sigh*

Juslisten 04-01-2007 08:42 AM

I have a question I placed my ringtones in application data/sounds is that fine i mean it works. But does it save room in the other area?

Pibe38 04-01-2007 01:16 PM

It's all the same since it's all main memory. I personally keep them on Windows\Rings but if it works, it's all the same.