PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Lurker

givingback1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Treo 700wx - Fax - email - VPN - over Cellphone - How?

I live out of the USA and where I live they Sell the 700wx from Sprint. CDMA

I can call via cell line to my office for a fixed price for as long as I want.
I have Windows 2003 Server hooked to the Phone system to a FXS to the modem.

I could use the Treo 700wx to make a cellphone dial-in to the win2k3 and connect to my office network via VPN but every time I try to dial in I get the Vision services screen. (So this is a setback)

I could program the Phone system so I could cellphone call and then get redirect to my ISP dialup but again vision services kick in again.

I also would like to be able to send fax via Cellline but have only found via web.

Does anyone knows a work around? I undestand that Vision services is there for a reason but if you have the ability to vpn for no extra charge why would you?

I also have a Broadvoice IP line and an IP PBX and would like to use a H323 softphone on the Treo 700wx.

I was wondering as well is that since the Treo only comes with bluethooth if there is a device that it could funtion as an external Bluetooh to wifi reapeter.

I know that its better to use the treo 700wx as a modem but I dont want to carry the laptop all the time. I want to be able to go to a party and if I need to check someting on the office I could do it right off the smartphone.

Any suggestion would be apretiated.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

mixman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you've got a Win2003 server, are you also running Exchange? If so, wouldn't it make more sense to VPN via your data connection instead of doing dial-up (which is MUCH slower)? Your Exchange server can be configured to handle both incoming and outgoing faxes. While I haven't messed with doing this directly on the WX, I have sent and received faxes while tethered to it with a VPN to my office.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX