PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

mommasboy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts manager

I accidentally erased the contacts from my wife's treo. I put pocket CM on it and she didn't like it. So when I uninstalled it the shortcut was still there. I used Clear temp to get rid of the bad shortcut, and it asked me if I wanted to get rid of contacts.ink i think and I said yeah. Now when she tries to pull up her contacts they don't come up. I tried to download another contacts manager like random access, but when i download the cab the contacts still don't come up. I know they're still there because she can search for her contacts thru her toady screen. Can somebody please help me before she kills me.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Contacts manager

Start with a soft reset and see if that doesn't clear it up. If not, then backup the device and do a hard reset. Keep in mind the hard reset will erase EVERYTHING and restore it to it's original factory settings.

After the hard reset go a head and restore from the back up.

late,
Coz
Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

will sprite backup my contacts as well, cause if I do a hard reset and she loses her contacts she's going to be really pissed.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasboy View Post
will sprite backup my contacts as well, cause if I do a hard reset and she loses her contacts she's going to be really pissed.
Sprite backs up everything depending on what you select to backup. You can do a full system or just certain folders for backup. If you have programs that you dont want to have to re-install do a full backup

Old 03-28-2008, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks guys i'm gonna hard reset and hopefully sprite will restore everything
Old 03-28-2008, 01:01 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

You need to take the battery cover off. Then insert the stylus into the reset hole. As you do that hold down the red/end button on the front of the phone. You'll be asked on the screen if you wish to continue. Select yes.

late,
Coz
Old 03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the help guys. it worked, but now her msn(hotmail) isn't working. It won't download her new messages

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX