PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you experienced this problem?
Yes 22 64.71%
No 10 29.41%
Haven't Noticed 2 5.88%
Haven't Noticed But Will Pay Attention and Report Later 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

BigSlim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I see that no one has respond to this thread in almost a year. I was hoping by the time I got to the end of this page, that someone have given an updated response by now. f.y.i., to you all, it's not the sprint towers that's a little defected. I have the 700wxv from verizon and I had purchased my phone around the time the this thread was last replyed to. I'm here to tell you all that it's the phone its self. I have been having the same problem with my phone, and no one has a fix for the matter. Ok, I have this phone and an added plan for my wife with verizon; however, we are having the same issues that are addressed here. By now, someone has noticed that it is a device defect, so let the world know, because we are still using the device.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
If this was a device issue this forum would be jammed with complaints, and 4 people sharing the same (rare) device issue in the same area......

The common denominator is the AREA .... keep it simple
Old 01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

phillysdon04 is a n00b
That happens to me when i am on the phone with someone and they are in a loud environment and i have my bluetooth headset on. When i turn off the bluetooth headset and put the phone to my ear then they can hear me better.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Callers Can't Hear Me **update 04/03/07**

I know of at least 6 people having this issue with this phone 3 being employees. I am in Pittsburgh area with evdo (rev.a) area. I have a touch, razr 3, Moto Q, Mogul, PPC 6700, and a Treo 650 none of them have this issue. This happens about 70% of the times I call them or they call me. I hope this wasn't given up on since it isn't a tower issue but a phone issue. Hope someone has found a fix because this is very fustrating. Thanks, Boo
Old 08-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone???????
Old 08-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone 3G
Carrier: AT&T

Lremy22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Lremy22

I have to agree with cooool its a device issue. I have had the exact same problem since I got the phone and I have done every type of reset possible yet still the same problem. I went to sprint and told them about this and they told me that I had a defective unit.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Actually cooool said it wasn't a device issue but a tower issue.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone 3G
Carrier: AT&T

Lremy22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Lremy22

Oh my bad, but anywhew it is a device issue. I just got my new 700wx from sprint and now all my callers hear me. Even the echo from my speakers phone is gone. It seems that in your case it is a device issue, I mean its not like cell phone companies sell refurbished phones that have problems or anything like that.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UT Starcom PPC 6700

Leon1948 is a n00b

I have a Treo 700wx that sometimes has an identical problem. I was able to narrow it down to medical offices and other places that have an older PBX system. I also experinced it once with a person who had a privacy guard on their home phone that prevented a caller ID from being sent. I have no idea how to cure this, but it consistently had something to do with phones or systems that would not disclose a caller ID. Sprint gave me the same "tower issues" excuse and claimed they were doing something to the tower to cure the problem. I am using my PPC 6700 until Sprint fixes this or someone finds a fix. The problem does not occur on my PPC 6700.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Sprint tocuh

sldavis is a n00b

I just got a 700wx off ebay and im having the same problem I was assuming it is a bad microphone but form what I have read just now im not too sure of that . I have already ordered a speaker I guess ill put it in and see what happens.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX