PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Billbeme's Avatar
N00b
Offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx Text Message Questions

I have had my 700wx for about a week now and I must say that I am wild about it. It is the best solution to all my needs that I have ever encountered. However I have a few questions regarding text messages:
  1. Will the 700wx send text messages to multiple individuals?
  2. Does anyone know why when entering names at the top of the message in the "To:" section some names will appear as possiblilites while others will not appear at all?

Thanks gang!

Bill


Oops! Also:
  1. My friend has a 750 for AT&T that runs Windows Mobile Professional 5 as mine does, is there any way to enjoy the 160+ characters transition into a second message instead of maxing out as well as the treaded text messaging?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
I have had my 700wx for about a week now and I must say that I am wild about it. It is the best solution to all my needs that I have ever encountered. However I have a few questions regarding text messages:
  1. Will the 700wx send text messages to multiple individuals?
  2. Does anyone know why when entering names at the top of the message in the "To:" section some names will appear as possiblilites while others will not appear at all?
Thanks gang!

Bill


Oops! Also:
  1. My friend has a 750 for AT&T that runs Windows Mobile Professional 5 as mine does, is there any way to enjoy the 160+ characters transition into a second message instead of maxing out as well as the treaded text messaging?
Thanks!
You can send to multiple people, but you would have to tap "to" add them, tap "to" again add the next one.
As far as the other issue of not all contacts showing up to be able to send to, only thing I can think of us that you don't have a mobile number or e-mail address listed under them.

I use mobile messenger to send to multiple people, it's simple and you can create groups to be able to send to, and best part, it's free.

http://comics.erichss.com/PPC/Misc/moblmsg_setup.exe
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Billbeme's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate the suggestion for the 3rd party software but I am going to try to keep my 700wx as stock as possible for stability reasons.

I will try the method for adding multiple people.

As far as the selective showing up of contacts, I don't know what the problem is. Each contact has a number. I don't have any contacts that don't. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Bill
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 09:19 AM
CyberMonkey's Avatar
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Offline
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,182
Reputation: 820
CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

Look at what type of numbers they are; home, work, mobile.

As far as stability with that app, my wife has the Treo 700WX with Mobile Messenger, and it's stable. Not any problems at all.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2008, 06:37 PM
fabrijack's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South
Location: north mississippi
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 77
Reputation: 30
fabrijack is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate the suggestion for the 3rd party software but I am going to try to keep my 700wx as stock as possible for stability reasons.

I will try the method for adding multiple people.

As far as the selective showing up of contacts, I don't know what the problem is. Each contact has a number. I don't have any contacts that don't. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Bill
Only numbers in the "mobile" secion of each contact will show up when you try to text to them. Check a contact you know you have a number for and see if the number is in the "mobile" field. If you save a call number from somewhere else it puts it in the "work" field by default. I had to copy and paste several of mine to get them to show in my list for texting.

Jack
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
crimsonSOLDIER's Avatar
crimsonSOLDIER
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

My Treo automatically makes an ";" after I enter in a name so I can send to another individual and I just type the other individual's name and another semi-colon comes up. My problem with SMS is that I can't go over 160 characters. It just stops typing after 160, my Mogul didn't have this limitation. Is there a way to send two messages for SMS's that's over 160? A prompt response would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Billbeme's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 35
Reputation: 0
Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 700wx Text Message Questions

Quote:
Only numbers in the "mobile" secion of each contact will show up when you try to text to them. Check a contact you know you have a number for and see if the number is in the "mobile" field. If you save a call number from somewhere else it puts it in the "work" field by default. I had to copy and paste several of mine to get them to show in my list for texting.

Jack
This was the problem EXACTLY! All the numbers I had saved after having been called by them were automatically saved as "work" numbers. I went through and used the copy/paste function to make them mobile number. Now I don't have any problems whatsoever! Thank you very very much gang!

Quote:
My problem with SMS is that I can't go over 160 characters. It just stops typing after 160, my Mogul didn't have this limitation. Is there a way to send two messages for SMS's that's over 160? A prompt response would be greatly appreciated.
I would be interested to hear the answer to this question as well as I have been spoiled by my old Motorla Q9c WM Smatphone (WM6)!

Thanks again everyone,
Happy Texter
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com