PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
N00b

Billbeme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
700wx Palm 1.15 Update Questions:

Dear Users,
I have just installed the Sprint Update Version 1.15 using the SD Card System. As a result I have a few questions:
  1. If I, for any reason, need to perform a hard reset, will the device keep the 1.15 update or revert to the shipped 1.13 version?
  2. Now that I have installed the 1.15 update to I need to reinstall the SMS patch on Palm's website or is it included in the update?

Thanks!
Bill
Old 08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 700wx Palm 1.15 Update Questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeme View Post
Dear Users,
I have just installed the Sprint Update Version 1.15 using the SD Card System. As a result I have a few questions:
  1. If I, for any reason, need to perform a hard reset, will the device keep the 1.15 update or revert to the shipped 1.13 version?
  2. Now that I have installed the 1.15 update to I need to reinstall the SMS patch on Palm's website or is it included in the update?

Thanks!
Bill
1. 1.15 will remain
2. the sms patch is included in the 1.15 upgrade
Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

Thank you very much! Those were the two answers for which I was hoping! YAY!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Billbeme is a n00b

Update: I must say that after installing the update the battery life is EXCELLENT! I am so pleased with the new allocation of power. I haven't altered my use at all. Very pleased.

I suppose this is the benefit of buying a Windows Mobile device that has been made by a company (Palm) willing to deliver support and a comprehensive website with with to deal. The "Palm Advantage" to Windows Mobile (Today Screen Plug-In, Support/Downloads, and free Sprite Backup) really make the Windows Mobile experience I have had on other Samsungs, Motorolas, and HTC's a much different one. I am glad I was willing to give it one more shot.

Thanks!
Bill

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX