PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Lurker

CaptHockey93 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Watching TV

Alright everybody, this is my first post here and I gotta say, I love this forum already. I'm a new Treo 700wx user and so far I'm loving it. I've read thru a lot of stuff on here and I know there's gotta be somebody on here that knows the answer to this.....

I've pretty much been able to find everything for my phone that I need but have been unable to figure out how to watch tv on my mobile phone. I'm basically trying to find a way to be able to watch regular channels like ABC, NBC, and CBS as well as like ESPN, MTV, and Comedy Central. Is there any program, hack, hardware, software, website, ANYTHING that enables a person to do this. Any help would appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive
welcome buddy

I personally use a usb hd tvtuner by pinnacle. pro hd usb stick is what its called. I use this as my tv at the house with a 92 inch projector screen and dell hd projector. biggest hd screen I've ever seen. so.... I then use orb.com to stream my tv channels to my phone. all you need is evdo for it to work without buffering. the tv tuners are from 75 to 150 I suppose and orb is free. orb also allows you to stream your music from home as well as access files.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dienalive is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dienalive
oh yeah

there is a list of free sites to stream tons of chanels at free6700.info
I'm sure there are plenty of other sites as well that have lists. orb is great not only for tv but music and files as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Slingbox is, hands down, the best way for watching live (or tivo recorded) television on your phone.

Invest in the Slingbox and SlingPlayer mobile and you can take full control, via your phone, of your cable/directv/tivo or even a DVD player.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:52 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
+1 for Slingbox

I was lucky enough to buy it during a period when they offered a free key for the mobile player when you purchased the box. They have new versions of the box now.

Plus you can use Slingbox with other PCs. I use it on my laptop, my 700wx and I have a friend in South America that logs in every now and then to watch Heroes and other programs (not all at once of course).

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
N00b

SVT6700 is a n00b
slingbox

how is the setup...is it difficult...
Old 03-25-2007, 01:07 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
For Slingbox? Did not have a single issue... followd the wizard and have been in bussiness since then. I upgraded the firmware and same thing... no issues whatsoever, couldn't be more satisfied.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

nitty917 is a n00b
Slingbox + CoolSAT = unlimited movies for FREE...
Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Lurker

pkpss is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
+1 for Slingbox

I was lucky enough to buy it during a period when they offered a free key for the mobile player when you purchased the box. They have new versions of the box now.

Plus you can use Slingbox with other PCs. I use it on my laptop, my 700wx and I have a friend in South America that logs in every now and then to watch Heroes and other programs (not all at once of course).

+2 - I'm gonna have to cough up the $30 now since my 30 days free is up.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Just got a slingbox this past weekend. Every once in while a gadget works as well as anticipated. This is one of those rare times. One of the greatest pieces of tech since the invention of the DVR.

In fact perhaps not mentioned here is the way you use slingbox with a DVR. So not only can you just watch TV on your phone, you can pause it, recorded it, etc. Being remote with my Treo is equivalent to sitting in my recliner at home (except for the 50 inch difference in screen size of course).

Now if I can just figure out how to get the PC player to work behind my company's firewall. I was able to catch Opening Day yesterday sitting at my desk with my phone. Could even pause it for bathroom breaks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX