PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2006, 09:48 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprite backup

Is any one else using this? I have been using this for a couple of weeks and it has really saved me a couple of times. I am not sure how spb's backup works but with sprite you will get everything back. I mean everything, text messages, call log, loaded programs, notes.... everything back the way it was the moment you made the backup file. If you hard reset and are away from your pc you can create a backup on your SD card it contains all that is needed to backup. You just double click the sprite file from file explorer and the file loads sprit back on the PPC then starts the back up. In just a couple of minuets you are back up and running in the same condition as the minute the file was created.

Best of all this program is on the CD that came with the 700wx so its FREE
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:12 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
ya i just downloaded it big d and it seems really neato
Old 11-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cosmic is a n00b
Sprite

I am totally new to the 700WX, but had a Treo600 for a long time prior.

The first 700WX I got had a problem with a key on it, so I exchanged it for a new one within the first 14 days. Sprite Backup worked like a champ to have my new phone back to where the old one was in minutes.

Sprite Backup was included on my installation CD that came in the 700WX box.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

xclusiv_1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xclusiv_1
i'm not a treo owner, i'm a ppc owner and i've used sprite backup the first time lat week and like big D said... it really saved me while i was away from my pc... it's an awsome program.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I just installed it yesterday. I normally don't use a backup program for my PPCs. With as much tinkering as I have done with my 700wx, I thought I would give it a try.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:00 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
also if you don't want to mess with the cd you can download it via palms website but u have to have ur serial handy
Old 11-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sharklvr7 is a n00b
I have used this program with my 6700 and now with my 700WX and it works great on both systems.

Jack Nicklaus
Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm a user of SPB backup but I just tried using Sprite.

Looks nice. More comprehensive than SPB. I haven't tried a restore yet, so I'll keep a couple SPB backups until that fateful day.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wish they would come out with a "backupman" type app for wm5 that would allow you to restore only certain files, one by one. That would be super
Old 11-08-2006, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
I wish they would come out with a "backupman" type app for wm5 that would allow you to restore only certain files, one by one. That would be super
Sprite does have a selective restore. I'm not sure if it's file by file, but I noticed the option the other day when I restored after a hard reset...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX