PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Now what?

Syncing is not an option as I've had zero luck getting WMDC and Vista to do what they're supposed to....and it's been almost a year that I've had my 700WX. I completely rely on SPB Backup and Dashwire

Old 08-06-2008, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

flipfone is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to flipfone Send a message via Yahoo to flipfone Send a message via Skype™ to flipfone

dashwire will restore your contacts. and yes you could probably restore your contacts thru spb as well, but your restoring everything and thats why its showing back up as wm5. so you flashed to 6 then restored to 5. copy pim.vol and put it back after you flash? im not sure if that file has been updated or changed in wm6, so yea your sfaest way is with dash or a sync.

ROM: EVO DECK
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Re-flashed the ROM. I'm thinking it's not an upgrade to WM6, but rather a customized WM5. I checked right away, and my 700WX was still showing WM5. Anyway, props to Flip. As recommended, I flashed, hard reset, and did a clean install of all my apps. Everything's humming along great. The only restore from SPB I did was my PIM data and my documents. Thanks to all who provided info.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX