PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21
recieving picturemail!!!??

ok this is prob covered somewhere but i didnt really have time to go through hundreds of pages of replys to look for it. i have a sprint wx with the threaded sms patch but when someone sends me pic mail i get the link you have new picturemail http:// so and so but it doesnt take me to the pic like it used too? any help id love!

also sending picturemail is impossible it always says out of memory please close some windows and try again but i dont have anything running lol. ugh!

i wish i could get this treo working already up to par. i like it but it seems like palm is more stable but lacking alot of programs and soon possibly obsolete so i wanted to convert. any help would be appreciated thanks!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
The search feature is up there so you don't have to go looking through hundreds of pages.

It has been discussed many, many times (recently too) that the Palm Thread SMS DOES NOT send MMS, you will always get the out of memory error. The 700w/wx works up to par, the Palm SMS Thread app was extracted from the 750 and never left the beta status because Palm asked sites to stop working on it because it was their intellectual property.

If you look for the official thread on the Palm SMS Thread, it is linked on the FAQs sticky, it says on the first post that the MMS function does not work; and it will never work unless Palm releases it officially since the community stopped working on it.

If you want to send MMS (PicMail) there's another hack, and it is also linked on the FAQs sticky.

Please try not to create new threads if discussions have already been created, we'd like to keep info centralized and reduce clutter.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-19-2007, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02
What about the second question that Jay posted about the link no long functioning.. i am having the same problem. i get a new picturemail to my text mail but when i click on the link it will not send me to the site but tells me to reinstall something...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
To reinstall something? What exactly does it say?

I don't use the Palm Thread SMS app or the MMS app so I'm just helping from general knowledge... when I get PicMail the links work fine.

What does the error say exactly? Is it after PIE opens itself and it starts to load? Or is it an error from the Palm SMS Thread app?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TIGER02 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TIGER02 Send a message via Yahoo to TIGER02
MMS/SMS

I have the same problem when it comes to the picturemail links it tells me that i need to reinstall pie or something of the such...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX