PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS Available on Alltel 700wx?

I am really sorry if this is a repeat or if i overlooked it on the sticky post but does the treo 700wx have built in GPS capabilities? My wife has this phone and after i was able to get the gps feature on my phone she is really interested in using it on hers if possible. She has google maps loaded onto her phone now and that is what she would like to use with the gps if possible. If so could you post a link for the discussion thread on how to use it or activate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Re: GPS Available on Alltel 700wx?

No. The 700w/x does not allow GPS. It has GPS, but only for 911. I used to have a 700 and I looked everywhere to find a way to unlock the GPS. That is why I switched to a 6800.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeiholla is a n00b
Re: GPS Available on Alltel 700wx?

You cannot get gps for Treo 700wx which sucks... only way i got gps was using bluetooth gps... if you don't mind keeping the bluetooth gps in your car. Not sure about now but SiRF Star III (3) is the best one from what I heard. gets the reception fastest and great on battery life. From my experience I feel like it lags a little when activating from phone to the bluetooth but once activated I go from point A to point B without a problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX