PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for a great BT headset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3283)

Scooter_in_WI 03-15-2007 10:43 AM

Looking for a great BT headset

Here is my dilemma...

I have tried the Jabra 250 and the Plantronics 510 and I get the same complaint. Everyone I talk to tells me that they can't hear me. Doesn't matter if it's in a car or a quite office. I have looked at the reviews for the h700, Jabra BT500v, and the Discovery 645 and can't tell a thing from these. Some say they are great and some say they have the same problems as I do now.

I trust the opinions of the users here and I was wondering if anyone here has some suggestions of the three (or any additional models):

1.) Motorola H700
2.) Jabra BT500v
3.) Plantronics Discovery 645

I picked these three because it seems like they get the best reviews overall and I like the "look and feel" of them.

I think since the forum is getting so popular, it would be a great idea to start a review section for posts like this. Whatca' think??

Juslisten 03-15-2007 11:35 AM

My cousin let me use his H700 & I think it is wonderful. I have the Palm Treo headset but I don't care for the size and that you can't determine when you need to charge because it just stays blue until it is about to die. I want to order the H700 but I have read that you have to be careful ordering it on-line because alot of ppl are selling knock-offs.

CozBoogie 03-15-2007 11:37 AM

My wife and I both use the 510 with our 700wx's and the quality couldn't be better. We both came from the HS850 which was horrible. I'm thinking that the 700 will be similar to the 850...so I'd pass on that one.

that's just my 0.2 cents.

Later,
Coz

Juslisten 03-15-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie
My wife and I both use the 510 with our 700wx's and the quality couldn't be better. We both came from the HS850 which was horrible. I'm thinking that the 700 will be similar to the 850...so I'd pass on that one.

that's just my 0.2 cents.

Later,
Coz

What difficulties did you have with the 700. Just curious? Don't want to spend that much money if it has major problems. I just know that I tried my cousins and his was great for me. Just curious.

CozBoogie 03-15-2007 12:13 PM

My complaint with the Motorola was low ear and microphone volumes. I also don't care for the wait the Motos sit on the outside of the ear. I very much like the way the 510's fit the earpiece inside the ear. Sound quality overall was poor with the Motos.

Late,
Coz

Juslisten 03-15-2007 04:30 PM

with the 510"s do you ever have any problem with them falling out or with ppl claiming they can't hear you?

Scooter_in_WI 03-15-2007 04:54 PM

I have the 510 now.

What I like:
The fit. It's light and works well with glasses
The sound. I can hear folks great on the 700wx.
Battery. I don't think that it has ever went dead on me.

What I don't like:
I have stopped using it altogether because folks complain that they can't hear me. They even tell me that the sound quality is better with the speakerphone on!

CozBoogie 03-15-2007 05:42 PM

My 510's are wonderful. They don't fall out, they feel very secure on my ear (unlike the Motos), and the sound quality is terrific. No one has ever complained about quality when I talk to them. My wife's 510's sound better than her old "wired" head set. The volume in the ear piece can be so loud that I've had to turn it down before. People are able to hear me even if I'm talking very quietly or in a noisy background. All around I'm very pleased and would recommend them to anyone.

Late,
Coz

crazie.eddie 03-15-2007 05:53 PM

I used the Motorola HS850, similar to the H700, except the H700 is smaller. The HS850 felt a little strange, since it hangs on the ear lobe. It often felt like it was going to fall off. It also felt weird, because the HS850 kept flopping around. A friend of mine also has one and when he came over. Even though we would talk eye to eye, I often felt compelled to look at his ear, since the HS850 was sticking out. Dang peripheral vision. Since was bothersome, since I deal with clients and I don't want them to be distracted if I talked to them, since they would probably compelled to look at the funny looking thing hanging on my ear.

I just switched over to a Jabra HT500. The HT500v is a vibrating model of the HT500. The HT500 is bigger than the H700, but actually not as distracting to look at if someone is wearing it. Also, it sits very comfortably on my ear, that it doesn't even move around, no matter what I do.

I have heard great reviews about the Jawbone. It has an excellent noise canceling mic. There is a sensor, which rests on your jaw. This senses vibration on your jaw when you speak. Therefore, the mic only goes on when it senses you are talking. Therefore, allot of background noise cannot be heard.

Scooter_in_WI 03-15-2007 08:04 PM

Hey Eddie..

I had the old Jabra 250 a while back but it didn't play too nice with my old Treo 650. Do you have any complaints from folks that you talk to about background noise or not being able to hear you? I loved the way that the old 250 fit and it looks like Jabra has held true to that design. I really like that!