PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2007, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Juslisten is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Media/SD Card Problem

I haven't posted too much because I am new to the treo world ( loving it of course ) and wanted to try and answer some of my own questions before I always ask. Here is a problem that I can't find anywhere . Sometimes when my treo has been idle for a while and I turn it on instead of going to the today screen it goes to windows media and says that it detects a storage card and would I like to scan it for files (or something similar to that). At first I would say yes turn my phone idle again and this would happen again . The problem is that I didn't insert a new sd card. I never took it out. I have tried soft reset and it cures it for a little while but it will happen again in another day or so. Any suggestions.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Does your mobile Windows media running in the background? If so yeah it is annoyed and expected. You should shut it down if you do not use it. By default when you close the program it does not completely exit and instead running in the background. You can get a program such as Magic Button (free) or spb pocket plus (not free) to be able to completely shut it down with the X button without having to go to running program window to do it.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Juslisten is a n00b
Didn't know that so thanks. I thought when I was hitting the x that was it. However this was happening and I wasn't even using windows media? I mean days would have passed & it would just happen. Do you know exactly where I can find these two installations at or would a google search work just fine? Will these programs close all other programs as well when I hit the x? Which one do you have/suggest? Once again thanks .
Old 03-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Magic Button should be in the software forum. You'll have to Google SPB.

Late,
Coz
Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Juslisten is a n00b
Can this just be added to my SD card or is this a program that actually needs to be installed on my phone? Will it shut down the other programs when I click the x button too? Thanks? =D>
Old 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Install it onto the device. And yes, it will shut down multiple programs, etc.

Late,
Coz
Old 03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juslisten
Didn't know that so thanks. I thought when I was hitting the x that was it. However this was happening and I wasn't even using windows media? I mean days would have passed & it would just happen. Do you know exactly where I can find these two installations at or would a google search work just fine? Will these programs close all other programs as well when I hit the x? Which one do you have/suggest? Once again thanks .
Magic Button: http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx
spb pocket plus: http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en

I use pocket plus because it is much more than the task manager, I use it also for application launch etc. Once you install either one of them, use OK button to put the program in background mode (do not close it) and the upper right corner X icon to completely close it.

Jeff

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX