PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Lurker

ShiShi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hide Teethering Bell Mobility

Hi everyone I am new. This is a pretty kewl place man !!. Anyway I am wondering is there anyway I can teethered my treo 700wx as a modem without bell knowing because they charge extra. I only wanted to use it for minimal browsing at the airport. I have the unlimited data plan.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Hide Teethering Bell Mobility

You can buy PDAnet, great application $34 for one license for the phone. You can install the PDAnet application on as many computers as you want, the license is just for the phone itself. I'm using it right now as I type. Excellent product. Plus if you get another phone, you get a $5 discount as a returning member! http://www.junefabrics.com I think is the site. You might want to check that out. Either that or you can download PHM RegEdit and look around the forums on how to disable Multi-NAI for the Modem Link app (Though I can't seem to get mine to work on both WM5 and WM6...)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ShiShi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The provider really cannot see this ? My friend have a blackberry and when he teethered the provider found out and he got a big bill. What does pdanet do to hide our connection ?
Old 07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

PDAnet basically makes your provider think you're browsing on your phone. I used well over 10 GB's in the two months I've had Sprint and they never billed me over $38!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX