PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ActiveSync HELP please! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3205)

nestofrobins 03-12-2007 08:37 AM

ActiveSync HELP please!

I am having trouble syncing with ActiveSync (700w). I have tried the stock sync cable, as well as the Smartphone charge+sync cable without any difference.

Normally, I plug the charge+sync cable into both the phone and a USB port and the "Connecting to" window pops up on the phone. Today, nothing. The phone can charge, but for some reason, I cant get the ActiveSync to start.

I have tried (soft) resetting the phone and rebooting the computer, with no luck.

Yay 4 Juggs 03-12-2007 12:49 PM

what version of windows are you running?

nestofrobins 03-12-2007 03:26 PM

I am running XP.

I actually got it to work by pulling the battery. But I don't understand why this happened.

Scooter_in_WI 03-12-2007 05:51 PM

Did you download the latest version of ActiveSync?

MsTreoDiva 03-13-2007 11:41 PM

I am having the same similar situation

I have Windows XP Professional, I upgraded the DST about a week ago and everything was fine. Now I look at all my appts and they are off. I go update the latest Activesync 4.5 and it gives me this error 85010017 or the handheld will say use a version of 4.1 or later. How do you actually upgrade the handheld to match version 4.5.

MsTreoDiva 03-13-2007 11:56 PM

I researched more and someone passed this message on another messageboard:

Quote:

I just helped my brother, who has a 700wx, with what sounds like the same problem after he updated to Activesync 4.5 and installed the DST update. Before I could convince him to uninstall Activesync, I mentioned deleting the partnership on the Treo to have a clean attempt to start over. When he did that, it synced. So, on the Treo (with it disconnected from Activesync), go to Programs/Activesync/Menu/Options. Highlight the partnership that isn't working (should be Wiindows PC, or some combination of Windows and your computer's name) and hit delete. (Didn't have this problem on my 750.)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft. Great fun for do-it-yourselfers.
But I do not see a partnership when I go to the Treo I jsut see a list of files to sync.

jeffH70 03-14-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsTreoDiva
But I do not see a partnership when I go to the Treo I jsut see a list of files to sync.

If you upgrade ActiveSync from 4.2 to 4.5, Windows will remove the partnership on your PC. You have to remove the Sync My Document directory on the PC and the partnership entry on the Treo manually then re-sync and partner again. Most important thing is that *DO NOT* attach the Treo with your PC during ActiveSync upgrade. It sucks but expected from Microsoft. :wink:

Also, if you are using PdaNet, you need to exit the existing process on the PC and re-start it manually to let it recognize the new partnership if you do not want to re-boot your PC.

Jeff

Pibe38 03-14-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

I am having the same similar situation

I have Windows XP Professional, I upgraded the DST about a week ago and everything was fine. Now I look at all my appts and they are off. I go update the latest Activesync 4.5 and it gives me this error 85010017 or the handheld will say use a version of 4.1 or later. How do you actually upgrade the handheld to match version 4.5.

Did you update your device as well for DST? There's a DST CAB that needs to be installed on the device, that may be why your appts are off.

MsTreoDiva 03-14-2007 04:53 PM

I thought I went through all of that I even went to check it again while going through all of that. I will look at the cab again. I guess I would need to email it to the phone to get it to the phone since it wont sync right now.

BTW once you install these cabs can you then delete them?

CozBoogie 03-14-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

BTW once you install these cabs can you then delete them?

Yes.

Late,
Coz