PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 01:24 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Treo 700wx quality

Hello there, is the 700wx good quality? There's a person that's willing to trade his 700wx for my Mogul. I just want to make sure that the 700wx isn't plagued with problems, etc... What would be better? The 700wx? or the 700p? Or the 755p?
Old 07-13-2008, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Treo 700wx quality

The 700wx is great. It's a stable phone and the keyboard is great.

The 800w just came out today.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I've had my 700WX for nearly a year and have few complaints about it. My biggest one has little to do with the phone and more to do w/ Vista and WMDC. The 700WX's greatest asset is it's memory 128MB vs 64 on most other PPC's. There's also no shortage of 3rd party apps that really help customize things. With a little work, you can operate your device one handed.

As for the 700P or 755P, these use the Palm OS, not WM and therefore are not PPC's. Additionally, unlike WM based devices which allow multi tasking, Palm OS devices do not allow this.

Hope this helps your decision.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
crimsonSOLDIER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I've had my 700WX for nearly a year and have few complaints about it. My biggest one has little to do with the phone and more to do w/ Vista and WMDC. The 700WX's greatest asset is it's memory 128MB vs 64 on most other PPC's. There's also no shortage of 3rd party apps that really help customize things. With a little work, you can operate your device one handed.

As for the 700P or 755P, these use the Palm OS, not WM and therefore are not PPC's. Additionally, unlike WM based devices which allow multi tasking, Palm OS devices do not allow this.

Hope this helps your decision.

What is it that you dislike about the 700wx?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I suppose other than the previously mentioned WMDC/Vista issue which could plague any PPC, the small screen size (240 X 240) is my only other dislike.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Only complaint for me is the screen size. Other than that it's a total work-horse!

late,
Coz
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 AM
crimsonSOLDIER

Any hardware defects that I should be aware of? I'm swapping it as-is so I would like to know these things ahead of time.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

Unless there's some pre-existing damage, you should have no problems with the hardware.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
Unless there's some pre-existing damage, you should have no problems with the hardware.
Agreed!

late,
Coz
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonSOLDIER View Post
Hello there, is the 700wx good quality? There's a person that's willing to trade his 700wx for my Mogul. I just want to make sure that the 700wx isn't plagued with problems, etc... What would be better? The 700wx? or the 700p? Or the 755p?
I had a 700w/x before my 6800 and I have to tell you I would never go back.
  • The phone froze all the time, I had to do several soft resets throughout the day. It was a big pain in the ***. I used Cody threaded for SMS and even that program would cause the phone to crash.
  • Every now and again, the phone wouldn't tell me who was calling. The caller id would show up blank.
  • If I used the wired headset, it would get stuck in headset mode and the only way to take or make calls was to use the headset. I hate bluetooth because of the static and background noise, so I would use the wired headset. It would come out of headset mode on its own. Even a soft reset couldn't bring it back.
Alltel had to replace my phone about 6 times over the course of a year! That is why Alltel finally bent over and swapped me with a 6800 and I've never been happier!

Hope I've answered your question.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX