PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon 700w/wx 1.22 Update

I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted this forum to see this!!!! According to the site, the data issue has been addressed, and it works!!! I read about it first over at Treocentral, and the feedback (so far) seems pretty positive. I will update with my results tonight....good luck to all....let us know how it goes!!!!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I did my update last night (I had the previous version 1.22 on mine already), it took about 3 1/2 minutes, and so far (crossing fingers) my data connection hooks up on the first try every time!!!!

Could it be> Did Palm actually get it right this time??
Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Lurker

nickp001 is a n00b
1.22 causing Bluetooth problems

I have my 700w paired with my Toyota Prius. Everything worked fine before upgrading. Now, the connection is very intermittent, sometimes I can't get a connection at all unless I restart the car, the sound fades in and out to the point where you can't hear the person on the other end, and the phone wont connect if the keyguard is turned on.

I've done several hard resets and tried the Bluetooth before installing any software, but the problems still exist, so it definitely would appear to be a result of the 1.22 update.

Is anybody else experiencing Bluetooth problems since updating to 1.22?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Lurker

sup191 is a n00b
Bluetooth has many issues on the Mogul right now. I believe the next ROM update (due out within a couple weeks according to rumors) are supposed to fix the problem.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup191 View Post
Bluetooth has many issues on the Mogul right now. I believe the next ROM update (due out within a couple weeks according to rumors) are supposed to fix the problem.

This forum and thread are for the 700w/wx, what does the Mogul have to do with this issue?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Lurker

sup191 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
This forum and thread are for the 700w/wx, what does the Mogul have to do with this issue?

Bah. Sorry. I had the forum open in two different tabs and got mixed up. My bad.

I was right though... about the Mogul and all. Right?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

baileyjs is a n00b
has anyone noticed any negatives to this update? I haven't done it yet because the last one seemed to cause a lot of issues
Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjs View Post
has anyone noticed any negatives to this update? I haven't done it yet because the last one seemed to cause a lot of issues
I did the updata almost the day it came out, and I have not had one ill-effect!! The only change I notice at all (and the only change made if you did the original 1.22 update) is the data connection....it connects the first attempt 100% of the time...I now have automatic updates going, and I am able to use the internet without trying to connext 3-5 times before I can get any info!!!!!

In other words......GO FOR IT!!!!!

Trust me...you will not be disappointed (plus...if you did the original 1.22, the new update only takes a couple minutes!!!)!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

baileyjs is a n00b
ok, so I tried the update....4 times in fact, and every time I got an error saying "the install could not be completed please remove the battery and try install again". Called Verizon and Palm and both told me the only way to install the "update" is to do a hard reset. The guy at Verizon even said, "yea it probably shouldn't be called an update". Did you have to do a complete reinstall to make it work??
Old 11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyjs View Post
ok, so I tried the update....4 times in fact, and every time I got an error saying "the install could not be completed please remove the battery and try install again". Called Verizon and Palm and both told me the only way to install the "update" is to do a hard reset. The guy at Verizon even said, "yea it probably shouldn't be called an update". Did you have to do a complete reinstall to make it work??
Not at all. Did you do the original 1.22? If so, this update only takes a few minutes (if that long), and just puts a couple tweaks on your phone, nothing too major. Either those people thought you were trying something totally different, or maybe they think your at a point of no return with it. I am not sure why it is not working, but if your confident you have done every step correctly, do a backup, do the hard reset, update, and restore the backup (I know it isn't recomended, but what is the worst that can happen...the update doesn't take...your there now). If all that does not work, I would walk into your VZW brance, and tell THEM to do the update, or replace your device (again.....AFTER you have a backup file) with a device WITH the update already done!!!

Let us know, I hope you get it!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX