PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Arcsoft MMS composer from verizon's 700wx (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3138)

Yay 4 Juggs 03-09-2007 12:22 PM

Arcsoft MMS composer from verizon's 700wx

anyone with the treo 700wx out there??? i need the arcsoft cab file for mms i know you have it installed!!! ANYBODY???

IT HAS TO COME FROM THE 700WX THAT VERIZON JUST LAUNCHED!

CozBoogie 03-09-2007 12:57 PM

Juggs, I have the cab but it's not the verizon version. Let me know if you want it though.

Late,
Coz

Yay 4 Juggs 03-09-2007 01:27 PM

it has to be the verizon version from the 700wx

nemanracing 03-09-2007 03:06 PM

tell me how to pull it from the treo and its yours... im used to the 6600/6700 on this kinda stuff...

Yay 4 Juggs 03-09-2007 05:05 PM

connect your treo to your pc then explore your device on your desktop...it should be in the windows directory i dont think it has an extended rom...copy it from there to your desktop then pm me when you got it and ill instruct you as to what to do next

nemanracing 03-10-2007 02:39 AM

I didn't see a cab file reguarding arcsoft... there was an exe and a couple dll's that mentioned MMS...

Yay 4 Juggs 03-10-2007 01:36 PM

its there just hidden...otherwise it wouldnt reinstall itself when a hard reset is done...it has to be embedded in the rom somewhere try and use resco or total commander to look deeper....gah! i wish my friend would have gotten a treo instead of a friggin 8600!!!

nemanracing 03-10-2007 03:37 PM

lol... i'll look again

santos 03-14-2007 08:32 AM

Yay 4 Juggs ... Did you ever get the Verizon 700wx version of the MMS software?

Yay 4 Juggs 03-14-2007 02:54 PM

not yet still waiting

nemanracing 03-14-2007 07:56 PM

i looked using both resco and total commander... still didn't see a cab file... any ideas? i could get you the exe and dll's...

Yay 4 Juggs 03-14-2007 08:13 PM

ok send me those please ill try what i can with them

nemanracing 03-14-2007 08:46 PM

ok i feel dumb... when i try to copy the files it wont let me. i tried resco, total and using the pc... is there anything i have to do to the files to be able to copy them? i tried to make it so they were not read only in total but when i hit ok they reverted back to read only...

Yay 4 Juggs 03-14-2007 09:06 PM

using total commander find the files then press and hold with the stylus till a window pops up and then select copy to clipboard...then go into your storage card and press and hold down anywhere in there then select paste here

nemanracing 03-16-2007 01:26 PM

when i do that it tells me that the target file already exists. and asks if i want to overwrite? i click overwrite. then a box pops up telling me cannot copy or move file! Am i missing something?

santos 03-17-2007 04:52 PM

How about make a new directory on your SD card to put these files. Then, go to Start|Settings. Click on System, then Memory. Make sure all programs are stopped. Next, open Total Commander or Resco and copy those files to the newly created directory on your SD card.

xdalaw 03-26-2007 10:11 AM

Any update on this? Sounds interesting.

crazie.eddie 03-28-2007 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdalaw
Any update on this? Sounds interesting.

I have it running and so do many others. Are you looking to install it? If so, here's a thread about it...
http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112022

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake
Ok this is the same as the 6700. But I added a simpler way by installing only one cab with settings edited for you. I am provided the EASY way and the advanced way. Both accomplishing the same thing. This was orignally posted on my site located HERE. Hope yall enjoy! :)
~mike

Simple one install method
Advantages no registry editing, and no configuring. Also removed stock loaded pictures and sounds saving about .5mb. Just install the .cab and everything is already set up for you. Enjoy the new extremely simple method of getting Pic/Vid Mail. :tu:

Download simple install .zip with .cab inside HERE

__________________________________________________ ______________

Manual Method
Regedit Program
1. Download a Registry edit program. I use PHM Regedit which can be found HERE!

2. Install the regedit cab file by either downloading directly to the ppc and running it or downloading onto your desktop and then syncing the file over from there and running it.

3. I always backup my registry before and after regedits, that way I have a backup file to restore from. I also keep a copy on my ppc and a copy on my desktop of all backups I have done, also make sure u number them and remember what each does or create a hack list to refer to which registry backup does what. You can backup your registry by going to start/programs/PHM Regedit/ now at the bottom there is a bar, go to tools/backup and then name and pick where you want to store the backup file.

Now to the MMS Hack
1. Download HERE!

2. After u download the file either directly to ppc or syncing the zip file over to your ppc, unzip it on ur ppc and install the cab file, then soft reset.

3. Use ur regedit program and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI
Click to open EnableServerEdit and changed the key from 0 to 1. Soft reset.

4. Go to your mail box. It should show you that you are currently in the mms folder. Select menu, then select MMS Configuration. Select the Severs tab and make a new server connection by entering the following:

Server name: Sprint
Gateway: leave blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Select sprint
Sending size limitation: 350kb
WAP: Select WAP 2.0

Select ok and then set sprint as your default and then delete the Verizon one.
There you have it! Go to your pics or movies and select one. Select menu, select send, then select MMS. You can now send your picture/video mail with ease.

If u have any more problems feel free to PM me or any ?`s just drop a line.

FYI, I suggest, actually DEMAND doing the Simple one install method.

santos 03-28-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
I have it running and so do many others. Are you looking to install it? If so, here's a thread about it...

No offense, but these are two different programs. The one you referenced has been freely available here for quite some time.

This topic is related to the PicMail app that Verizon is shipping with their 700wx's.

Ya Boi D 03-29-2007 04:31 AM

I really hope we can get this app from the VZW700Wx because quite frankly I'm tired of having to access PIE everytime I want to view an incoming MMS. I have the Sprint hack that was posted above installed but it only helps with sending,not receiving. That feature is the only one I miss by switching to Sprint700wx. The app VZW uses is so much more convenient.

ysagas 03-30-2007 01:29 AM

nothing yet hu>>???

Yay 4 Juggs 03-30-2007 04:50 PM

Im still waiting on the files...

Ya Boi D 04-03-2007 03:41 AM

Any progress?

crazie.eddie 04-03-2007 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santos
Quote:

No offense, but these are two different programs. The one you referenced has been freely available here for quite some time.

This topic is related to the PicMail app that Verizon is shipping with their 700wx's.

I didn't know. So Arcsoft has 2 MMS apps?

santos 04-03-2007 09:20 PM

We don't know yet. That's what we're waiting to find out. :)

crazie.eddie 04-03-2007 10:59 PM

This isn't it running on my Treo 700wx?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25...0wxArsoft2.gif
(Click on image to enlarge)

ysagas 04-04-2007 01:20 AM

COme on you guys i know u can get your hands on that cab... if i had a vzw 700wx i woulda given it up a long time ago already....
gosh i can understand how there they leave us sprint users behind...
:evil:

santos 04-04-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

This isn't it running on my Treo 700wx?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25...0wxArsoft2.gif
(Click on image to enlarge)

The one you're using was grabbed from a Verizon PPC6700. We want to see if there's a difference between that one and the one for the Verizon 700wx.

So, as of now, we don't know if it's the same.

ysagas 04-05-2007 12:00 PM

So still no1 hasnt got the mms app yet....
i hate the one from the ppc 6700 is just not my thing...
i wish i could get my palm messaging mms working...
any ideas as of that...
i know that item is forbidden so message me...

santos 04-11-2007 11:57 PM

Come on... I know SOMEONE must have the Verizon version of the 700wx. Anyone?

al3azim 04-16-2007 04:41 PM

Any new updates on this? I have asked most of my friends on Verizon to help but they do not have any 700wx and they are trying to see if they can locate someone that has one to get the CAB. No luck yet

Gezyon 06-15-2008 05:46 PM

Re: Arcsoft MMS composer from verizon's 700wx

Does anyone have a picture messaging program that will work on the Alltel network? I have a Palm Treo 700WX and want to send and recieve Pic Messaging... Any help will be greatful!