PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
i looked using both resco and total commander... still didn't see a cab file... any ideas? i could get you the exe and dll's...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
ok send me those please ill try what i can with them

Old 03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
ok i feel dumb... when i try to copy the files it wont let me. i tried resco, total and using the pc... is there anything i have to do to the files to be able to copy them? i tried to make it so they were not read only in total but when i hit ok they reverted back to read only...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Threadstarter

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
using total commander find the files then press and hold with the stylus till a window pops up and then select copy to clipboard...then go into your storage card and press and hold down anywhere in there then select paste here
Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

when i do that it tells me that the target file already exists. and asks if i want to overwrite? i click overwrite. then a box pops up telling me cannot copy or move file! Am i missing something?
Old 03-17-2007, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
How about make a new directory on your SD card to put these files. Then, go to Start|Settings. Click on System, then Memory. Make sure all programs are stopped. Next, open Total Commander or Resco and copy those files to the newly created directory on your SD card.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor
Any update on this? Sounds interesting.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw
Any update on this? Sounds interesting.
I have it running and so do many others. Are you looking to install it? If so, here's a thread about it...
http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Ok this is the same as the 6700. But I added a simpler way by installing only one cab with settings edited for you. I am provided the EASY way and the advanced way. Both accomplishing the same thing. This was orignally posted on my site located HERE. Hope yall enjoy!
~mike

Simple one install method
Advantages no registry editing, and no configuring. Also removed stock loaded pictures and sounds saving about .5mb. Just install the .cab and everything is already set up for you. Enjoy the new extremely simple method of getting Pic/Vid Mail. :tu:

Download simple install .zip with .cab inside HERE

__________________________________________________ ______________

Manual Method
Regedit Program
1. Download a Registry edit program. I use PHM Regedit which can be found HERE!

2. Install the regedit cab file by either downloading directly to the ppc and running it or downloading onto your desktop and then syncing the file over from there and running it.

3. I always backup my registry before and after regedits, that way I have a backup file to restore from. I also keep a copy on my ppc and a copy on my desktop of all backups I have done, also make sure u number them and remember what each does or create a hack list to refer to which registry backup does what. You can backup your registry by going to start/programs/PHM Regedit/ now at the bottom there is a bar, go to tools/backup and then name and pick where you want to store the backup file.

Now to the MMS Hack
1. Download HERE!

2. After u download the file either directly to ppc or syncing the zip file over to your ppc, unzip it on ur ppc and install the cab file, then soft reset.

3. Use ur regedit program and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI
Click to open EnableServerEdit and changed the key from 0 to 1. Soft reset.

4. Go to your mail box. It should show you that you are currently in the mms folder. Select menu, then select MMS Configuration. Select the Severs tab and make a new server connection by entering the following:

Server name: Sprint
Gateway: leave blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Select sprint
Sending size limitation: 350kb
WAP: Select WAP 2.0

Select ok and then set sprint as your default and then delete the Verizon one.
There you have it! Go to your pics or movies and select one. Select menu, select send, then select MMS. You can now send your picture/video mail with ease.

If u have any more problems feel free to PM me or any ?`s just drop a line.
FYI, I suggest, actually DEMAND doing the Simple one install method.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie.eddie
I have it running and so do many others. Are you looking to install it? If so, here's a thread about it...
http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112022
No offense, but these are two different programs. The one you referenced has been freely available here for quite some time.

This topic is related to the PicMail app that Verizon is shipping with their 700wx's.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
I really hope we can get this app from the VZW700Wx because quite frankly I'm tired of having to access PIE everytime I want to view an incoming MMS. I have the Sprint hack that was posted above installed but it only helps with sending,not receiving. That feature is the only one I miss by switching to Sprint700wx. The app VZW uses is so much more convenient.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX