PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Juslisten is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SD Card Mystery

Hello I have a very perplexing situation on my hand. I have a 4GB SD card by transcend. Recently, don't ask me what happened but everything disappered (music, pics, programs) besides a few items (some cabs I had saved, my microsoft documents). The ironic thing is that with all of these items gone my memory on my SD card did not return. When I tried to re-install some programs I would get a prompt saying that it would overwrite the current program. Remember nothing was showing up. I tried this with my music but I didn't get the same prompt. I just want my memory back. I am lost and I have no idea of what to do. Please help me with any thoughts and ideas you may have. Thank you.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

Lacussumok is a n00b
when that happens to me the first thing that comes 2 mind is format the card from your computer that will give you all your memory back but im not sure if u want to completely loose all your stuff maybe you have your memory card files set to hidden thats always a possbility. show unhidden files on your computer and see if that works
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Juslisten is a n00b
Thanks

Lacussumok thanks for the help. I would rather re-install everything and have my memory back then not have anything at all. When I showed all files on my SD card there were like three files that showed up but I have no idea what they are or what they do. I guess I will just leave them alone since they don't take up that much space anyway. Once again thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I had the same thing happen to a 2GB card a couple weeks ago. Thank goodness it wasn't my primary app card, it was my media card, I did the PC format thing, and it is running smoothly now.....no idea what does it, but I think a good thing for you to do is to backup your SD card (I have a copy on my PC (dragging all files from card to a folder on the PC), and a SPB Backup file of my card (I keep one on my PC and PC)), that way, if it goes haywire on you again, then you can copy the card again without having to reinstall everything.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Juslisten is a n00b
syrguy1969 Thanks for the tip. I will try and do that as well. I have SBP backup so I should just use an custom backup (never tried that one before) and backup what is on my SD card. Secondly, I never thought just to have one card for a media card. That is a great idea thanks for that tip too. I just put everything on one because I had a 4gb card but my media always took up a lot of space.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Tell me about it. Usually any video clips or MP3s I have on my device are not things I use every day, so I keep them on a card of their own, and pop it in when it is 'movie or music' time!!! I hope the backup helps.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
You know I just really hate when files dissappear. Such a shame, I just simply hate it. Since my simple mind tends to go out of the box pretty often, I will have to mention a out of the box experience I had once upon a time Now what I say has no bearing other than an experience I had. See I use to not pay attention to a whole lot when it come to music and video files. Odd thing is, they can be nasty little buggers. See somehow, in my unwillingness to have caution, I use to not think twice about pulling music from one computer to another via a flash drive. Welp somehow I managed to get a nasty little virus transfered from my friends computer to mine via the flash drive. Weird thing is my antivirus caught it immediately but it managed to get right by it and I never knew until my hard drive dissappeared so to speak. I know I'm long winded but hey I'm bored Anyway I knew it had to be the flash drive files I transfered so I went back to his computer to view the contents of the flash drive. Hmmm oddly enough half of those were gone to and it showed drive space used. Ha, bet you see where I went with this on.

Accepted NOT Expected

Last edited by lllboredlll; 12-08-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Lurker

cballin22 is a n00b
hey i got this lexar 4gig sd card and when i put it in my phone it says not installed how do i get my phone to recognize the card is in there ???
Old 12-11-2007, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by cballin22 View Post
hey i got this lexar 4gig sd card and when i put it in my phone it says not installed how do i get my phone to recognize the card is in there ???

Pretty sure you have to have it formatted first
Old 12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

Is it by any chance an sdsh card? You may need this CAB:
Attached Files
File Type: zip sdsh cab.zip (31.7 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX