PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calendar times not syncing properly (not because of DST)

I have an interesting problem.
I sync my treo with two computers, one is an XP system and one is running Vista.
I didn't ever have a problem until Monday night. When I input an appointment on my Vista computer it synced as one hour earlier on my handheld. (this appointment was for the next day March 6th). After waiting in my office for 20 minutes for my client to show up I checked the computer and realized that the appointment was wrong on my Treo. I input a few more appointments in Outlook and they all synced incorrectly. Appointments that were entered prior to Monday seemed to be fine. When I input an appointment on the Treo it syncs to the Vista computer properly and shows the correct time. It gets a little more strange. If I put the appointment on the XP computer it goes to the Treo fine and then makes it to the Vista computer fine. Also all appointments show up correctly on mail2web just fine, unless they are initiated from the Vista computer.

I talked to Sprint for about 30 minutes and they finally told me to hard reset my device, which I did, and it didn't solve the problem. Still having the same problem after hard reset.

By the way, here's the software involved:
Windows Vista
Outlook 2003

Thanks for any ideas on this!
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update.
After I sync a calendar item from the Treo to the Vista computer (which I mentioned seemed to keep the correct time), then disconnect and reconnect it resyncs the calendar item back with the wrong time on the Treo.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
see if this fixes it

http://ppcgeeks.com/daylight-savings...xed-t2824.html
Old 03-07-2007, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

As mentioned in the post title this isn't a DST issue. I already installed the update on my 700 and updated Outlook. Also the dates I'm having issues are happening right now, in addition to after March 11th.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
Check the time before you connect your 700 to the computer to perform an Activesync, then check the time during the Activesync connection. If the time is incorrect when your 700 is connected to your computer during the Activesync, then it IS a DST issue. I had the same problem. I just forgot to perform the DST update on my 700. Once I did, all was fine.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I had to soft reset for the time change to take for some reason.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TheRocoLoco is a n00b
sounds like DST issue to me.

one thing I had to do (after installing DST2007.cab) was change the timezone on the treo from home to visiting and then back to local again (settings -> system -> clocks & alarms -> time tab)
Old 03-11-2007, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
In my case, a soft reset did set the time correctly, but when I connected back for an ActiveSync, the time was incorrect on my 700. That was until I performed the DST update on the 700.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:36 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocoLoco
sounds like DST issue to me.

one thing I had to do (after installing DST2007.cab) was change the timezone on the treo from home to visiting and then back to local again (settings -> system -> clocks & alarms -> time tab)
Yeah that was actually part of the instructions from MS. After installation of the CAB you need to change your time zone from, for example, Eastern to Central, and then back to Eastern so that the patch takes.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I appreciate all the responses, this problem somehow solved itself after two hard resets.
It was not due to DST as the dates I was having problems with started over a week before last Sunday. Something just got screwed up and I can't figure out why.
It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this problem and what they did in case it happens again.
Another reason I can be certain this was not a DST issue (as if the dates aren't enough proof) is that everything before March 11th showed an hour early with or without the patch, and everything from March 11th showed 2 hours early without the patch and still 1 hour with the patch.
Thanks again guys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX