PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul / 700wx
Carrier: Sprint Sero 500

mokash34 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question ringtones and alarms missing?!

I recently switched to my 700wx since my Mogul was in need of repair and I sent it in. When I activated my Mogul (in February) I did a hard reset on my Treo since it was acting funny. The alarm, regardless of the settings (on/off, time, days, etc...) would go off every day at 10am. I figured when I got the Mogul, the Treo would be out of commission for a while so I might as well Hard Reset to take care of the problem since none of the simpler steps worked.

Anyway... since I reactivated my Treo, I noticed most of my stock ringers and alarm tones or whatever they are called don't work. Just a few of them do. The phone would vibrate... but wouldn't ring. My phone will ring when i receive a call. I have 2 songs that I turned into ringtones and those work flawlessly. But almost all of the predefined alarm ringers and reminders don't make a noise when picked. They are all in the dropdown menu but when i go to preview them.... NOTHING.

finally, sorry for the novel i've typed up... but is there any file I can put on this baby to get her ringtones back?

thanks in advance... if i cannot find a solution I'll just do the WM6 upgrade and hope for the best.

Thanks in advance!

mo
Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: ringtones and alarms missing?!

So all of this started happening after a hard reset and with the addition of no other software/applications? Correct?

late,
Coz
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
So all of this started happening after a hard reset and with the addition of no other software/applications? Correct?

late,
Coz

yup... that's correct. Hard reset and let the phone just sit in a box for about 5 months or so.... only app i added was mobile shell but that was after the issue.

mo
Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

actually Coz... don't worry I'm gonna do the WM6 upgrade...
if anyone else has this problem they should probably speak up or else this whole thread should be tossed.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started

Silly question, but did you make sure your volume is turned up?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Lurker

ks025995 is a n00b

I received a brand new 700wx as a warranty return, and it did the same thing right out of the box. The files are all there, but only a few of them would "play". Weird. Hard resets didn't help. That problem along with some other ones (phone not ringing but incoming calls going right to voicemail) caused me to just install Ebag's custom WM5 rom :

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

I wasn't convinced the WM6 rom was worth the uncertainty.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Smile Re: ringtones and alarms missing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by santos View Post
Silly question, but did you make sure your volume is turned up?
yeah... it was none of the obvious stuff. it was almost like somehow the files were corrupt or whatever. no biggy it's all over now. upgraded to wm6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks025995 View Post
I received a brand new 700wx as a warranty return, and it did the same thing right out of the box. The files are all there, but only a few of them would "play". Weird. Hard resets didn't help. That problem along with some other ones (phone not ringing but incoming calls going right to voicemail) caused me to just install Ebag's custom WM5 rom :

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

I wasn't convinced the WM6 rom was worth the uncertainty.
well... i updgraded to wm6 and it's pretty stable. after i installed it i just did like 2 or 3 soft resets within 15 minutes but after that... smooth and quick. still messing with it but i like it alot... and it fixed the ringer problem!

thanks for all of the responses

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX