PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx

daniels244 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
switching providers

I was just wanting to know how or if i could switch my treo i had from sprint to alltel. My alltel phone broke and dont want to buy a new one. any thing would help thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

SDellJunior is a n00b
Re: switching providers

You should just be able to switch your phone over as Sprint and Alltel both use CDMA technology, the only difference would probably be some of the service specific functions and features.

EDIT: To be positive though, just call someone at Alltel and ask . . .
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Alltel will do it, though they tried to charge me $25.00 to do it. When I offered the idea that I wouldn't renew my Alltel contract and would renew my Sprint contract, they were more than happy to waive the fee...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Keep in mind also that Verizon just bought Alltel 3 days ago
Old 06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

The merger will not be complete until the end of the year, so there should still be time to get a little threaten action on to get the phone switched...

The parties are targeting completion of the merger by the end of the year, subject to obtaining regulatory approvals.

The above was an exceprt form the Verizon press release on June 5, 2008, found here:

http://news.vzw.com/news/2008/06/pr2008-06-05.html
Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

If you flash a custom Alltel or standard Alltel ROM on the phone, you'll be good, as in, you'll not have to worry about roaming issues and what-not, plus you're data will work properly. You can use it as-is from Sprint, but some things won't work properly, and you will likely have issues with roaming.

What is this $25 fee that is being discussed for phone changes? I work for Alltel, and haven't heard of any fee for this in the stores, I've heard of indirect agents doing this though.

Last edited by xero; 06-11-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by xero View Post
If you flash a custom Alltel or standard Alltel ROM on the phone, you'll be good, as in, you'll not have to worry about roaming issues and what-not, plus you're data will work properly. You can use it as-is from Sprint, but some things won't work properly, and you will likely have issues with roaming.

What is this $25 fee that is being discussed for phone changes? I work for Alltel, and haven't heard of any fee for this in the stores, I've heard of indirect agents doing this though.
It as an Alltel corporate store and they tried to tell me that it was going to cost $25 for activating my Sprint phone on the Alltel network. I told them to kiss my butt and that I was going to take my phone back to Sprint and renew my contract with them and port my Alltel numbers over to Sprint.

The rep went and talked to the manager and within minutes my phone was setup and working...
Old 06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

I call BS, unless the "fee" that you're talking about is the activation fee, which is $25. We don't charge any other fees that would total $25. I'm guessing that there was a miscommunication at some point during this transaction.

Last edited by xero; 06-27-2008 at 03:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX