PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
N00b

MogulUser2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6 finally ported to Treo 700wx

reading through this thread, all this talk about "bricking" the phone and such--whats that mean?
i have a treo obviously and after reading this, i'd like to get the wm6 although i hear now that 6.1 is also available but nowere on this site.
so, what exactly and how do i do it? im not to phone technical gifted , so not sure how to go about getting wm6 on the thing. whats the 1st steps i need to take?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: epic4G
Carrier: sprint

jamalize is a n00b

yes, you are not the only one who is not a phone tech...i really want to put wm6 on my treo 700wx,but im scared i will mess it up BIG TIME...Please someone helpp thankss
Old 06-26-2008, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

santos is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogulUser2 View Post
reading through this thread, all this talk about "bricking" the phone and such--whats that mean?
i have a treo obviously and after reading this, i'd like to get the wm6 although i hear now that 6.1 is also available but nowere on this site.
so, what exactly and how do i do it? im not to phone technical gifted , so not sure how to go about getting wm6 on the thing. whats the 1st steps i need to take?
It means breaking your phone beyond repair. If you need the steps, obviously you didn't read the WMExperts link posted as the first post in this thread as it gives you the step by step instructions you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalize View Post
yes, you are not the only one who is not a phone tech...i really want to put wm6 on my treo 700wx,but im scared i will mess it up BIG TIME...Please someone helpp thankss
Someone help? What do you expect someone to do? If you're afraid of "bricking" your phone, then this obviously isn't something you should try.

However, if you're adventurous and wouldn't mind buying a new phone if you truly do f up the phone, then go for it.

I've flashed my 700wx with a custom WM 5 ROM with no issues.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm, HTC
Carrier: Sprint

treo.fitz is a n00b

I went and updated to the FULL WM6 om my 700wx. now every thing works great but i can not seem to get the internet to work. it will open the home page m.google.com but nothing after that. any one have any ideas?
Old 06-28-2008, 12:25 AM
mvp
Lurker

mvp is a n00b

i just upgrade my Palm Treo 700wx, with the full WM6,
everything look like work fine, but i cant get to go in the internet,
and i cant get to send no picture mail...
can somebody help me thankz...
Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: at&t/sprint

remydakid is keeping up the good workremydakid is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to remydakid

anyone put up any screenshots?
i might use it on my old 700wx
Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mbritt80 is keeping up the good workmbritt80 is keeping up the good work

Mine worked perfect. If the internet will not connect, try a soft reset and then try a different url
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

rooofey is a n00b

I'm noticing that when I try a page that has a lot to load it freezes up and bogs way down and then when I try to end the task its like a hassle. ??????
Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooofey View Post
I'm noticing that when I try a page that has a lot to load it freezes up and bogs way down and then when I try to end the task its like a hassle. ??????
Did you load the full version? There have been some IE issues with that version, I am running Ebag's Trimmed WM6 ROM and I haven't had any problems.

Another quick stability report:

I have push mail set up and I have had issues with push mail trying to sign on. At time I have what I call Sh** Storms at work where an issue will come up on a project and I get a call and I have to coordinate getting my installer, customer, and future owner of the equipment on the same page at the same time. While I am doing this I have 5 to 15 people waiting for an answer. So I have to make 3,4,5 phone calls back to back as fast as possible. I have had my 700wx cancel my attempt at making a call to sign on to data trying to update the push mail. I have changed my push settings to every 15 minutes for now until I can get this figured out.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm, HTC

treo.fitz is a n00b

i was able to fix the internet problem by changing the default home page. there is some thing WM6 does not like about m.google.com another thing that i found with the full one is that there is a date and time where the SPRINT name was. thats ok for most but i use alarms alot and like having the date on the today screen. when i added the date to the today screen i had two date's. and it was driving me crazy. i found there was a program in the startup folder called "cdate" and after deleting it and a soft reset it want back to only the one date.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX