PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Lurker

spoonani is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6 finally ported to Treo 700wx

Installed wm 6 (using the Trimmed 6 rom) on a VZ 700wx. A breeze to install. Very impressed thus far with speed and stability. havent tested bluetooth but EVDO and voice work great. html email finally! Thanks to all for your efforts - i've been tracking behind the scenes for quite some time and and thrilled with what i've been able to do this am.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !
Carrier: Sprint

Sprints700wx is just getting started

Wow.. about time .. the onlii thing is that im a new.bee @ messing with kitchens/roms.. but ill be down to try it .. just confused on what to download..? theres like 5 diffrent options .. timed/full etc.. someone helo me get on the right track
Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow what a ride let me try to explain what I went through with this upgrade. First I flashed my 700wx everything went very well (Pretty easy to do I can tell you because I got lots of practice) I was done in just a few minutes. I was playing around with my Treo, showing my wife some of the differences I loaded the full version by the way the one with the IE issues if you want a little history you can go to HERE start on the second post and read through. Any way she says I want that so I throw the SD card in her Treo and start the update all was going well when I started trying to use IE on my Treo saw the problem thought all I need to do is force an IOTA you know get the data flowing, cool so I start messing with the Phone settings. About that time the wife’s Treo finishes flashing I pick it up same issue IE doesn’t work so I go back to the phone settings and I change this:

I changed from home to Automatic A and that was it no more phone on my wife’s Treo. DON’T CHANGE THE NETWORK SETTINGS. So I posted the issue and started trying to flash back to correct the problem with no luck finally someone posted the solution and I was able to get the phone back on But I am still having problems with the data login. I got tired of messing with it yesterday so I have to call Sprint today to get this resolved.

Now for the review, by the way I have loaded the trimmed version on both devices now and it seams to run smoother. This setup is not as stable as the WM5 not really a lot of resets just some slow performance lags at times but seams to recover on its own. All the Treo customizations are still there and wireless manager has been added to the right soft key, so no more having to get out your styli out to turn on Bluetooth. This is a basic WM6 has the Office Mobile folder in programs new set of icons etc… and the screen looks clearer to me but that might just be me. IE is quick as always and runs smoothly. I have been using Skyfire to view picture mails when opened in IE you cant see the picture. No real phone issues so far and Bluetooth runs about the same as before so no plusses or minuses there either. All in all I will keep it for now but it’s only been 2 days.

DON’T CHANGE THE NETWORK SETTINGS DON’T CHANGE THE NETWORK SETTINGS

Good luck
Dave
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

So to summarize Dave's post..."Don't Change the Network Settings". Hmmm...as I said before I was gonna try this out on my wife's wx...maybe I'll pass for now.

Thanks for the update Dave!

late,
Coz
Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

WOW! Very cool, I thought I would never hear of WM6 on a 700wx.

Any one try A2DP, and is their any difference in sound quality?

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-25-2008, 08:40 PM
The Voice of Reason

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Been on flights all day using my Plantronx 880 sound is great no static louder and no connect, disconnect issues. So I would say that that's an improvement. Also I noticed they changed the on screed during a call set up. In the WM5 version it would take over the whole today screen, in WM6 it is only a 2 liner and in today settings you can uncheck to remove it so there is no today screen used up when you are in a call.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:42 PM
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
So to summarize Dave's post..."Don't Change the Network Settings". Hmmm...as I said before I was gonna try this out on my wife's wx...maybe I'll pass for now.

Thanks for the update Dave!

late,
Coz
YUP that's it

Don't Change the Network Settings

Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Dave, please keep us posted as to the performance, issues, etc. as you go about your daily business. I know there are a lot of wx users who are very interested in this. I may actually sack up and try it on my wx (after I "practice" on my wife's phone).

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

rooofey is a n00b

Upgrade was successful but I am having a bit of a problem with IE. The first time it loaded it said the trial period has expired? and now no other page will load that I type into the address bar.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooofey View Post
Upgrade was successful but I am having a bit of a problem with IE. The first time it loaded it said the trial period has expired? and now no other page will load that I type into the address bar.
You must have loaded the full version, all you need to do is change the home page in IE and everything will work fine.

Daily update for sacrdee coz 24 hours no resets my 700wx has gone from call to call with no errors run multiple programs at the same time and I am theatherd to my laptop making this post. I have been traveling flights mostly, and some driving so I have been in and out of roaming areas with no issues. Still has the slow performance from time to time but has recovered on it own I have been patient and let it recover in stead of resetting I want to see how long I can go with out a reset.

Just do it you know you want to

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX