PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: WM6 finally ported to Treo 700wx

I can tell you that the official WM6 for VZW released by Palm won't do this. Can't say for any of the custom ROMs will do this, but my guess is they won't

Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo
Smile Re: WM6 finally ported to Treo 700wx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I can tell you that the official WM6 for VZW released by Palm won't do this. Can't say for any of the custom ROMs will do this, but my guess is they won't

Check out this thread for your 6.1 needs
Very stable and reliable

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: US

lolodadon is a n00b

ebags works best on my 700wx. i used helmi's and it slowed my phone down alot i put ebags trimmed on and it zips along now. I have verizon so the only downside is the sprint ogo when i turn the phone part on but ive had no problems so far
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

rooofey is a n00b

has anyone had any trouble lately with texting to ppl who have verizon? recently i havent been able to text ppl with verizon when i have either 6 or 6.1 flashed. i switched back to 5 and it worked but when i went back to 6 or 6.1 it didnt work again.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx
Carrier: Cricket

southhollister is a n00b

I'm new to the site and i want WM6 on my 700wx but I'm not super treo savy. can anyone explain the process in a simplistic way.

Please and thank you
Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

hotpeanuts is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hotpeanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooofey View Post
has anyone had any trouble lately with texting to ppl who have verizon? recently i havent been able to text ppl with verizon when i have either 6 or 6.1 flashed. i switched back to 5 and it worked but when i went back to 6 or 6.1 it didnt work again.
yes! i cannot text anyone but sprint it is driving me crazy!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 700wx
Carrier: sprint

howey1212 is a n00b

i installed nightravens 1.12 rom and was able to tether with internet connection sharing that is explained in the 800w forum. the connection is faster and more stable with both usb and bluetooth. i have software version 1.13 and vista 64.

i was wondering if anyone has tried this with software version 1.15 via usb since the original method of setting up a dialup connection doesnt work anymore. my connection is twice as fast when i use the usb cable. id hate to be the dummy that updates after knowing there is known issues.

can someone who has already updated both the software to version 1.15 and to wm6.1 try this method of tethering? if possible post your speeds from speedtest.net for usb and bluetooth.

my currently speedtest.net with usb is dl:1000-1200 ul:80-100 bluetooth dl:250 ul:60-80 these are the results i get from speedtest.net. when i use slingplayer from laptop i get 500 kbs from usb and 200-250 on bluetooth. i dont have the best signal at my house. i only have 1 bar.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

rfrogman is a n00b

I used Ebag's Trimmed WM6 ROM on my vzw 700wx. Install was smooth no problems. It now has the Sprint bmp when using the wireless manager. I noticed ROM_VZW_Mod_Landon_Epps on the download page. Landon states this is the Ebag's trimmed 1 Verizonized. My confusion is which ROM is the latest version? If the WM6 is newer than I will live with the Sprint bmp since everything is functioning. If it's the same as Landons I'll reflash. Does anyone know?
Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

I used Landon Epps for a while, but it's only a WM5 ROM, unless he's created a WM6 version
Old 02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

rfrogman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I used Landon Epps for a while, but it's only a WM5 ROM, unless he's created a WM6 version
Thank you, Thats the answer I need. I'll stick with wm6.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX