PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sync sucks!!!!

If anybody knows where this has been discussed (maybe I missed this thread), or knows a fix, please help out.

It seems that I have to delete all prior devices on activesync, and do a soft reset on the phone before it can sync. After all that, I am good for the night, but I really do not think I should have to re-establish a sync profile every single night. All support has told me is basically what I am doing now!!

Ring any bells with anybody?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Hmmmm...that's a bit strange. I have never ran into such a problem and I sync both at work and at home. Which ActiveSync version are you running? If you haven't already you should update to version 4.5 and see if that doesn't help.

You might also consider just totally uninstalling AS from your pc and just starting from scratch.

Let us know what happens.

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I am running 4.5, and I did the uninstall....start from scratch already. I can get it to sync every night, but not two nights in a row...very frustrating. (and no...no new apps were installed between the constant syncing and the sync errors either)
Old 06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
What do your Connection Settings look like on AS on your pc? What information (e.g., contacts, calendar, etc.) are you trying to sync to? Just try unchecking all of these and see if you can connect multiple times.

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

The only things I sync are favorites, notes, contacts, calender, and a secure folder for credit cards, passwords and such.

I took off the secure folder and one other audio record sync, and it did not change anything.

I guess it could be the secure folder, but that never caused problems before.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Coz-erator

On AS go to Tools/Options and highlight your pc and then click on Settings. Make sure your "friendly name" is the same as your pc name that you just highlighted.

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2007, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'll give it a shot and let you know!! Thanks!!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well...... it got a bit late last night to post any results (the real test is tonight when I try to sync anyways), but I did notice on my Treo I had two partnerships, so I deleted both, and the PC's relationship, and started from scratch.

As I mentioned...the real test is tonight, but I feel good about my chances, I did not notice the two relationships on the phone before, and I think that may have been the issue!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO

crazie.eddie is just getting started
That is strange. I sync between 2 devices also and have had no problems. Are you using any programs that change the Owner Info or Device ID?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Definetly not that I know of....what type of app would change those settings? Considering I blanked out the PC and phone I should be good for a fresh connection....right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX