PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 11:01 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Will WM6 pro make you hold on to yor treo 700wx a little longger?

Will you ditch ur 700wx eventhough U have windows mobile 6 pro on it? Mr. boogie, Tell me what U think
http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1777-1.htm
Old 06-16-2008, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Will WM6 pro make you hold on to yor treo 700wx a little longger?

Quite honestly, I am suprised Palm even bothered with this update, with new devices coming out soon (we HOPE), and the wx being a relatively older device. I am perfectly happy with the wx as it is, and after reading a lot of flashing threads and the update article posted here, I don't see anything that interests me. I will look into doing the update and may even do it to keep current on things, but if I do, it will not make any difference on my decision to upgrade devices when the time comes (800w being released IS the time LOL). I will most definetly NOT do it right away though, I will wait until some more experienced people (AKA...people who can flash back if they need to) to attempt this and post back their findings (restore with backup made from wm5, device speed, stability, 'improvements' working......).

P.S. I thought BT voice dialing was a hardware issue, and could't be 'tweaked' or upgraded like that?

Thanks for the post, I will be keeping an eye out for this!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No Sprint love that sucks but I know why they didn't because I would hold on to my 700wx for a little while longer if I could get it updated. I wonder how long it will take one of our PPCGeek gurus to get this update working on the Sprint 700wx?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Actually, I think over at treocentral they have had pretty good luck with this on Sprint. Reading the thread over there on this subject, it is logical why they aren't offering this to Sprint. It wouldn't make sense for Sprint to pay for development on this when the 800 is right around the corner. Now with VZW, I am dreading the old 'wait untill a year or so after release' time-frame they are famous for.

Basically.....since the mail lures of the 800 over my precious 700wx are hardware improvements (GPS, higher res screen, memory.....) and NOT the OS (not much of what I have read really sounds interesting enough to upgrade devices for it (and NOTHING to do the update other than the interest in staying current)) you Sprint users may be on the winning end of this update thing. I would prefer not to get the update offered to me if I knew the 800 was right around the corner in release!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Incredible
Carrier: Sprint Sero Baby!!!

gedster314 is keeping up the good workgedster314 is keeping up the good work

I've already left my treo for the touch. To be honest I don't see why wm6 or wm6.1 would be a reason to hold on to a treo. I already had threaded messaging on my wm5. I just didn't see that big of an improvment.

Someone just posted a little howto on cooking a treo rom. Maybe wm6 or wm6.1 will be cooked up by a user. I'll play with some of roms if they appear but my treo is now just a backup phone. I'm liking my built gps and rev a on the touch. I'm waiting for the touchpro or the 800.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:16 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Palm closes all their retail store right? there's only 3 left open in the airport. i think this company is a dying breed.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Well since I'm with Sprint it looks like I'm S.O.L. on the update. Sure, it might get hacked, etc. My 700wx is so stable though I don't really feel the need to mess with that.

I'll for sure keep my eye on the 800 when it streets...but it's gonna be hard to pry this 700wx from my hands.

late,
Coz
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Well since I'm with Sprint it looks like I'm S.O.L. on the update. Sure, it might get hacked, etc. My 700wx is so stable though I don't really feel the need to mess with that.

I'll for sure keep my eye on the 800 when it streets...but it's gonna be hard to pry this 700wx from my hands.

late,
Coz
Mr. boogie realy loves his 700wx. LOL
Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx

recife is a n00b

for me WM6 will let me hang on a while longer, now I can use Internet Connection Sharing to use my 700 as a wifi router, the bells and whistles dont' wow me, but it is a bit smoother looking at least
Old 06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Mr. boogie realy loves his 700wx. LOL
Indeed Mr. Boogie does!!!

late,
Mr. Boogie

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX