PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

tgreenstein is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Camera does not function

I'm having a strange problem with the camera function on my Sprint 700wx. When I try to use the camera, the screen with the saved pictures opens up. When I tap the "camera" image, the app minimizes. Sometimes I get the stnadard Microsoft message about generating an error log.

If I hard reset, the camera works fine. It may well be some application that interferes with the camera, but I can't imagine what it might be -- the only time I've used the camera is to generate pictures for my contacts.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Has not happened to me. You should start installing app by app and trying the camera after each installation to check if it's a specific app.

It may have just been a corrupted installation, they happen sometimes.

What apps did you have installed?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

It doesn't seem to be caused by any particular application; I've hard reset and restored all my applications, one at a time, and the camera works normally. Then I hard-reset again and restored from a recent backup, and the camera still works normally. Go figure.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Lurker

ventrue is a n00b
I just had to have my 700wx replaced because whenever I tried to open the camera app it would just load pictures & Videos. They decided it was a manufacturer error. Maybe one of those times I slung it into the case or bumped it against the car door it did it. I dunno? Anyway, there ARE some intermittent minor problems with the camera, i dont know if its hardware or software. But I had a hardware issue with mine that caused the software to act screwy.

Randy
Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Randy,

Did replacing your 700wx solve the camera problem?

Mine certainly seems to be a software problem, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what's interfering with the camera function (I suppose that, in principle, NO software should interfere with a built-in function like the camera but that's probably asking too much!).

Soft-resetting doesn't fix my camera problem, but hard-resetting always does.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:54 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I think (after about a bazillion hard resets) I've finally tracked this problem down. It's not an application conflict. It only happens after I do a registry cleanup in Pocket Mechanic Pro, and only then when I check the "Empty Open/Open Doc keys" and "Empty registry keys" boxes. Some of you registry gurus might know why this is the case, but the easy fix is to not do a registry cleanup with either of those boxes checked.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro / Treo 700WX
Carrier: Alltel

Copp is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Camera does not function

Yes and this one is also drivin' me crazy. My wife also has a 700wx ($100 on Ebay, including 3 batteries, every popular accessory I can think of and more).

I've looked at the wife's registry, done compares, imports, etc.....not one difference. I agree that the "open doc/Empty keys" of Pocket Mechanic can reproduce the problem, on demand, but I can't convince her to let me try PM on hers, with a comparison of registry before and after (she's seen me hard reset too many times).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX