PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: How is it that the Treo 700wx is faster than basically anything else out there?

Glad to see the masses rising up and testifying about the glorious 700wx!

late,
Coz
Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

billy54554 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to billy54554
Re: How is it that the Treo 700wx is faster than basically anything else out there?

Well, I have to admit, my 700wx makes my Mogul look like a toy. My company gave us all Moguls I am on my third one now. I still carry my 700wx and this is my first one, 2 years and running strong. I do all my company business on the wx and use the Mogul basically for texting and company phone calls. I think I may have convinced management to switch to the 800 when it comes out. I just hope its as solid as the 700WX.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

My wife was the WX, and I have the Touch.
The wife loves the WX, she specially loves the keyboard that is right there it's like "BAM it's in your face", like I said she loves that it is right there.
I like my Touch, and I tend to be productive with it, ya just gotta know how and congifure the phone how you like to use it to have it effective.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch

bnw99 is a n00b

i recently had a touch for about 2 months and i just switched over to a treo wx and man...i love its stability and the tactile qwerty!!!! gotta do some reserch on the 800...thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Agreed...I hope the 800 is going to be an adequate upgrade/replacement for the 700wx.

late,
Coz
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Coz-erator

Here's the in-house thread/review for the 800. Thanks to Mal for his updates and reporting on it!

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Here's the in-house thread/review for the 800. Thanks to Mal for his updates and reporting on it!

late,
Coz
Thanks Coz, some pretty interesting stuff (I can't wait for the 800 either)!!!!

Your always on top of things, I appreciate it!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Thanks Coz, some pretty interesting stuff (I can't wait for the 800 either)!!!!

Your always on top of things, I appreciate it!!!
Just trying to keep the old 700wx thread alive and kicking! I truly hope that the 800 will a worthy replacement/upgrade for the 700wx. I've had my wx for over two years and it would be hard to give it up. It's served me incredibly well in that time and unless the 800 turns out to be light years ahead of the 700wx I don't know how I can give up on it.

late,
Coz
Old 06-11-2008, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have to admit I am with you on that, I played around with my share of current PPC/phones, and I don't see ANY lure/reason/advantage of upgrading (for lack of better term, I don't consider it an upgrade) to any other device at this time. I am thinking the only disadvantage of going to the 800 will be the screen size....I know larger is better when it comes to screens, but a lot of the skinning apps will not work, and we will need to start over. Small price to pay if it does pan out to be a great device though.

On the positive side, even if we get the 800, and it turns out to be....well.....crappy, we can always go back to the trusty wx....right?

On a side note, I have noticed the wx forum slowing to a crawl lately, whats up with that? No new apps or questions lately LOL!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
On a side note, I have noticed the wx forum slowing to a crawl lately, whats up with that? No new apps or questions lately LOL!!!
That seams to happen to all the different PPC's when we get close to the release of an upgrade. (800W)

On a side note 169 phone calls in 2 days, not having to reset my device even once during that **** storm PRICELESS!

If the 800W is a solid upgrade I might have to say so long to HTC forever.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX