PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 04:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcdave63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Activesync Active in Running programs List

When I hold down the OK button to get the list of active Running programs, I keep finding Activesync running, even when I havent sync'd in a while (minutes, hours, days). Is this normal? Doesnt this drain power by having a program actively running? Is there a setting to have it not continuously start and/or Run on my 700wx?

Or am I the only one with this problem?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:42 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
a) it's normal
b) no real way to turn it off
c) doesn't drain the battery
Old 11-27-2006, 10:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dcdave63 is a n00b
ok great!

Now I have a second related question....

I have weatherpanel installed and for some reason when it updates (I have it set for Update Interval of 6 hours, Auto Update Date is unchecked, as is Establish Connection) the EVDO connection stays connected, and the icon seems to be in a state of constant use (i.e. upload/download). Is this normal as well? does it make sense to keep weatherpanel on the today screen? should I uninstall and reinstall? or should I just deal with it?

Thanks again!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdave63
ok great!

Now I have a second related question....

I have weatherpanel installed and for some reason when it updates (I have it set for Update Interval of 6 hours, Auto Update Date is unchecked, as is Establish Connection) the EVDO connection stays connected, and the icon seems to be in a state of constant use (i.e. upload/download). Is this normal as well? does it make sense to keep weatherpanel on the today screen? should I uninstall and reinstall? or should I just deal with it?

Thanks again!
Not normal.

You have to have WeatherPanel on the Today Screen to work (otherwise try something like Fizz Weather).

Try checking "Establish Connection" instead.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

dcdave63 is a n00b
Anyway, this was still bothering me, and I found an answer elsewhere that relates to this. You can correct this so that ActiveSync loads manually, rather than automatically. Read the following fix for the Axim, which works for the Treo 700wx as well;

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20

Just in case the Activesync running all the time does take some battery, or at the least, to reduce a small amount of memory being used, follow the directions in that post. Worked for me.

=)
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdave63
Anyway, this was still bothering me, and I found an answer elsewhere that relates to this. You can correct this so that ActiveSync loads manually, rather than automatically. Read the following fix for the Axim, which works for the Treo 700wx as well;

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20

Just in case the Activesync running all the time does take some battery, or at the least, to reduce a small amount of memory being used, follow the directions in that post. Worked for me.

=)
For others who are obsessed with this: Kiss your direct-push email goodbye...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yes, keep in mind ActiveSync NEEDS to be running in order for push sync to work.

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX