PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
ptamgr notification error

hi guyes, Im new to PDA, I recently learned from wowthatirandom how to assign themes and stuff also I installed programs, patches and such, One of those program is ptravelalarm, after installing it, I start getting the error shown above everytime I restart my phone, I went ahead and removed it totally from remove programs option, but I still get the same error and freezes up my phone sometimes, the phone is brand new and probably I did like 20 soft reset so far, any help it will be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:26 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
How did you uninstall it? Through Remove Programs? Or did you just delete the folder?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
I used add and remove programs, and still loading in startup, please help me, thank you.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Windows cannot delete an active process (meaning while it is running). You should have disabled it before uninstalling.

First try opening file explorer, then go to my device/windows/startup and delete the file. If that doesn't work, or its not there:

Then try finding MemMaid, install the trial, and delete it from the startup list.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I looked in windows>startup and the .exe file is not there nor the program itself, I use memaid and there is nowhere to be found, I dont have no idea what program is using that file, I thought is ptravelalarm, I keep getting the same notification everytime I reboot
Old 02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Check startup services in memmaid also. Then do advanced cleaner to clean uninstalls, dead registry, invalid shortcuts, etc.

Its def that program
Old 02-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I already did the cleaning in memaid before, but was still the same problem, after your last respond I went ahead and did it again then I went to tools> program options and I unchecked "remember last tab on startup", NOW!! works like a charm :P thank you so much for ur help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX