PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   700WX & TomTom GO510 GPS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2756)

billyman 02-22-2007 08:08 PM

700WX & TomTom GO510 GPS

I just recently bought a TomTom 510 and found it has some cool features. When I first sync'd the two devices via bluetooth, the TomTom said my phone doesn't support DUN and many features will not be accessible.

I seen on here that there is a work around (hack) for DUN on a laptop. Is there any type of work around that will allow my TomTom to access the DUN thru my 700WX?

I'm with Sprint by the way.

Thank you for your time and help.

billyman 02-25-2007 10:42 PM

Ok...
I installed the A2DP hack today and it fixed a problem I have had with my BT being disabled since installing the Palm Messaging hack. If you are experiencing issues with your BT since installing the Palm Msg'g hack or the Sprint SMS hack, try the A2DP hack. Now on with the original thread.

I figured I'd try the data connection wizard between the 700wx and the TomTom (since this is a new BT stack). This time instead of immediately infoming me my phone doesn't support DUN, it started to go through with the setup.

It asks to "Select your provider". Options are: AT&T, Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless & Other. Just for fun, I tried selecting the Verizon & Cingular presets, but neither worked.

If I choose other, it asks me if I want to set up my connection manually. I hit YES and it asks for the following info:

Access point name:
User name:
Password:
Dial: ( I'm pretty sure this will be #777)
Login script:

It actually looks like this might be a possibility now, if I can figure out the necessary info. Does anyone have any ideas???

billyman 03-01-2007 10:23 PM

GAH!!! This is killing me. I have been looking hi & lo for anything pertaining to this & I just keep coming up empty-handed.

I went thru a couple of the preset configs & noted the info:

Cingular
Access point name: isp.cingular
User name: WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM
Password: ZXY203DC9K0402
Dial: *99#
Login script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular"

T-Mobile
Access point name: internet2.voicestream.com
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Login script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com"
===============================================

I find it strange that no one else seems to be interested in this. Anyway, any help would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

flash13 06-19-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyman
GAH!!! This is killing me. I have been looking hi & lo for anything pertaining to this & I just keep coming up empty-handed.

I went thru a couple of the preset configs & noted the info:

Cingular
Access point name: isp.cingular
User name: WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM
Password: ZXY203DC9K0402
Login script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.cingular"

T-Mobile
Access point name: internet2.voicestream.com
User name: (blank)
Password: (blank)
Login script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet2.voicestream.com"
===============================================

I find it strange that no one else seems to be interested in this. Anyway, any help would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just got a TomTom One and I can't use any of the Plus services since I can't get it to communicate on my 700wx. I'm on Alltel and in the same boat you're in.

Thanks!