PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Nic
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Nic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
spd Mobile shell or Pocket plus

Which program does everyone prefer? I'm looking for basic today screen settings. The most customization.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:46 PM
N00b

jcarbary is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jcarbary
I only tested Mobile Shell, but I prefer Pocket Plus...

I like having the Today screen with my favorite stuff but not having to tie it in with SPB. For example, I had a hard time getting Weatherpanel to work, I like my picture dialing (one touch), etc.

Pocket Plus gives me the customization of having tabs (I have three) with a bunch of icons for easy access, with the convenience of running other plugins, without having to switch tabs a million times.

Also, I heard (can't confirm myself) that you have to "launch" the today screen with Mobile Shell, which seems like a pain.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:50 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Well I have not used Pocket +, but I do use iLauncher which is similar and have used Mobile shell.

If you want the more customization, forget about Mobile Shell. It's a neat app but it needs to be more customizable.

What exactly are you looking for?

You don't have to launch the Today screen with Mobile Shell, only if you turn the device off and turn it back on you get the Now screen which is a screen with SMS, E-mail, etc. counters... here you just click on Close and then you get the Today screen which is just laying underneath.

I'll once again give my vote to iLauncher though, love the app!

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
Pibe38 got me into iLauncher about a week ago and I haven't looked back. It's great program!
Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Nic
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Threadstarter

Nic is a n00b
What i want to do is add icons for internetexplorer and word and move them along with any other tabs to the very bottom of the today screen.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I can tell you Mobile Shell does not do that. I know iLauncher does, and I would assume Pocket + does too since it's iLauncher's direct competition.

I know Pocket + has tabs for shortcuts, but I don't know if it has the abiliti of placing shortcuts on the system tray (at the bottom).
Old 02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I can tell you Mobile Shell does not do that. I know iLauncher does, and I would assume Pocket + does too since it's iLauncher's direct competition.

I know Pocket + has tabs for shortcuts, but I don't know if it has the abiliti of placing shortcuts on the system tray (at the bottom).

it doesn't add icons on the system tray. it does have a task manager wich u can map to ok key(press and hold) which allows to minimize, close, close all or customize the way u want it. I have tried the latest version of ilauncher thou.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
The Enforcer

Yeah iLauncher also has a task manager that can be mapped to a key (I have it mapped to pressing and holding the OK key as well) that allows you to close, minimize, etc.

So Pocket + does not allow you to place icons on the system tray? Sucks... well, not that I use that function on iLauncher anyway actually...
Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Yeah iLauncher also has a task manager that can be mapped to a key (I have it mapped to pressing and holding the OK key as well) that allows you to close, minimize, etc.

So Pocket + does not allow you to place icons on the system tray? Sucks... well, not that I use that function on iLauncher anyway actually...
maybe that's the only difference between iloncher and pocket plus? I gotta tried the try the new ilaucher when I get home. hey pibe, does the trial version has limited features or everything works and just expire in a couple of days? I bought ilauncher a cuople of months ago, do u thing its worth the upgrade?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
The Enforcer

What version did you buy? If you bought 3.0 and up there's no charge for any upgrades until 4.0

I started using it when 3.0 was released and I use it everyday and haven't looked back.

The trial is not limited, you get the full version for a period of time and then you have to register.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX