PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Lurker

peterochford is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MLB Gameday Audio

I've been wondering whether anyone has had luck accessing MLB Gameday Audio with Pocket IE and Flash 7. I haven't tried it out yet, but will probably purchase the subscription soon and was hoping it might be accessible on my Treo. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Shadow
Carrier: T-Mobile

jcragg is a n00b
Gameday Audio

I have the subscription, and have not tried on my treo yet, but i did try on my MDA with no success. I will try it agian and post my expierience.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

peterochford is a n00b
In response to an inquiry I had sent MLB.com regarding Gameday Audio's availability on the 700wx, they stated that "as long as service is enabled on the Sprint network" I should have access to the streaming application. I perhaps should have clarified that the Treo is a WM5 device and would not be compatible with the Java app, but I imagine they would have replied much the same.

I'm still waiting on a reply from Sprint CS which I would hope should be more concise, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to tell me anything I want to hear. In the meantime, I'll continue searching for another method.

EDIT: Hmm, I might be jumping the gun a little bit. The description on the MLB website has the audio stream being piped through the media player, not a standalone Java app...perhaps the stream will be compatible with WMP. Question is, will the "Listen Live" link be accessible on WM5 devices? I need to find somebody who can confirm that the link is already available on the wap site...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX