PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Lurker

Cathy D is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll be happy to explain Exchange and Active Sync for you

I work for 123Together, and read your posts. While Exchange and ActiveSync will give you the push mail that you are searching for ---there is one thing that it cannot do: you cannot have push two way synchronization with multiple email accounts. You mentioned that you need to answer from 7 different accounts with their email address--Exchange will only allow 1 email address the push synching that you want. There is not a phone out there that will allow push mail from multiple accounts, unfortunately. It is not a technology that has been developed yet.

Now, if you had one email address (mailbox) that all of these email accounts were going to, and you could make do with 1 FROM address, then your problem would be solved. You can purchase a single Exchange mailbox with activesync and 1GB of storage space for as little as $14.99/mo. at 123Together.com and get a free copy of Outlook 2007 as well. No contracts, 30 day no obligation trial, cancel at any time....absolutely nothing to lose.

If you ever want to discuss this further, please feel free to call or email me. I'll be glad to help.

Good Luck!

123Together.com Exchange Hosting
sales@123Together.com
800 9-MS-EXCH
Old 02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
You can do that as well with mail2web, and for only $1.99 - you can have all your e-mails forwarded/pulled to the mail2web account and then activate the proxy option so that when you reply it looks like you are replying from one of the X amount of accounts you have.

For example, you could receive your GMail and POP3 through mail2web by forwarding them, and then set up the proxy to look like you are replying from the GMail account.

You can even change the outgoing address from a PC, so you can change your outgoing address depending on your needs for the day for example.

Don't know the 123Together service in details, so there maybe some differences, but it accomplishes the same purpose.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
No experiance with them either, I just thought it looked more advanced than mail2web (which I use), and they were the first site that came up when I googled.

Heh.. They must have sales people that troll the net for any mention of their name.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started
Re: Sprint Treo 700w and business connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaciO
Does anyone know why Sprint says I cant use business connection with this phone. Im moving from a 6700 to a 700 and don't understand why I wouldn't beable to.
That doesn't make any sense - I assume you were using BCPE with your 6700. Have you tried just downloading the software (from http://www.sprintpcs.com/bizcon.html) to your 700 and trying it on your phone to see what happens? - sheureka

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX