PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Contacts not showing

I'm hoping you guys can help me, so I don't have to resort to calling Verizon tech support.

I use the standard WM5 program for contacts, syncs with Outlook 2003 via Activesync.

I've had the phone for over a year now without this issue, so I'm not sure what happened.

When I go into Contacts, after a soft reset, it shows no contacts, just says Tap Menu to Enter a new contact. I freaked. Put the phone down, went to do something else, came back and went into it again, and they were back. Except as a scrolled down, I only have as far as BARNES. There's way more than that. And the odd thing is that the scroll bar "knows" there's more after BARNES. If I keep arrowing down or scrolling down, it thinks there's more entries there. But none are visible.

I just went to look at it again, and for a brief second, all of the contacts where there when I scrolled, but then it brought me back to the top of the list, and now only to BARNES again.

I'm so confused. If this belongs on the software board I apolize. I've always appreciative of any and all help you can give me!

Oh and all of my contacts are still in outlook on my pc. So they haven't truly disappeared.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Contacts not showing

Your PIM file might be corrupt. If that is the case, then you could either do a hard reset then re-sync or you could delete the PIM file and re-sync.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bentleysmom is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Re: Contacts not showing

You're awesome, that worked great!!! Thanks so much!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX