PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 700wx custom rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperray23 View Post
Hey guys I have a verizon 700W (I know I should have got the wx) and I want to modify it by putting a S2U2 and maybe some other stuff. Is this even possible with the palm os. So far everything I've tried to do doesn't work. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!!!
If you have the 700w, you should be running WM5, not Palm OS. You should just be able to download S2U2 from the thread in here, and install it like any other CAB file.

You do need to have it installed to main memory, just make sure you don't have too much running al the time or you will have a lot of freezes on the w!!

Old 09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung i760

viperray23 is a n00b

Yea your right I actually have a 700p. I'm really not a fan of it but I was wondering if I could still modify it or even change the whole operating system. If this is possible please let me know.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperray23 View Post
Yea your right I actually have a 700p. I'm really not a fan of it but I was wondering if I could still modify it or even change the whole operating system. If this is possible please let me know.
There is no way that I know of, but if you don't get any reply other than mine, maybe ebag333 knows a little bit more. He started the ROM flashing thread over at TreoCentral:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

Good luck!!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T Mobile

cykococo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to cykococo

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
There is no way that I know of, but if you don't get any reply other than mine, maybe ebag333 knows a little bit more. He started the ROM flashing thread over at TreoCentral:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

Good luck!!
You can also go over to XDA-Developers.com and search treo kitchen and they have a 6.1 rom build off off 20755 that is lightining fast and response as well as the kitchen. Nightraven was also last time I heard was making a kitchen for PPC Kitchen.org to flash and build you r own do it yourself roms...

Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

robda1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to robda1 Send a message via MSN to robda1 Send a message via Yahoo to robda1

I've been using a touch pro for a while and want to work with Palm. I bough a 700p (sprint) from ebay for $40.00. Does anyone have any links to show me how to's?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Are you asking how to put the Palm OS onto your TP?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

iceberg18 is a n00b
Re: 700wx how-to Custom Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles_was_taken View Post
for those of you who want to build your own rom for the 700wx, keep reading:

note that this works on verizon or sprint (or any other carrier)

download the sprint SD card updater using this link: http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...Updater115.zip

unzip the file to your a folder on your computer.
use the attached file: imgfs_tools_182---.zip

unzip the imgfs_tools

from the directory where you unzipped the sprint update, copy the file 'NapaBoth.nb0' to to directory where you unzipped the imgfs_tools.

in a command prompt, run the following command: 'prepare_imgfs.exe NapaBoth.nb0', this will create two files: imgfs_raw_data.bin and imgfs_removed_data.bin.

from here you can add, remove, change, or do whatever you wish, like port WM6 to the treo (big hint here...but someone else will need to help with this part).

when the editing is complete, run 'make_imgfs.exe NapaBoth.nb0' this will combine the files back into one file.

copy the new NapaBoth.nb0 back into the directory where you unzipped the sprint updater.

format an SD card as fat32. it is important that you format as fat32, otherwise, do not expect things to work with the update.

copy the entire contents of the sprint updater to the SD card. if you are not using a sprint phone, you will probably want to delete the firmware.bin file (this is the radio).

insert the SD into the 700wx. now...depending on the original carrier of your device, you may get an error saying that this device is not supported for this update, do not worry about this error, just click ok and browse to the storage card, open the folder '2577' and then to 'scenarios' run 'ROMUpdate_HR2' then select 'Test ROM Update' from here, the phone will check the SD card and then start to copy the rom to the device (it will say download bl & os and will have a progress bar) it takes about 10 minutes to write, then the phone will reboot and had reset.

when it comes back up, it will have your customizations that you made to the rom.

note: also posted on pdaphone.com under user: waffles
Dude, the file you've helpfully posted contains the Conficker virus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX