PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No data connection after soft reset?

Whenever I soft reset my phone I lose my data connection...I have to start PIE or sync my rss program to get it to say "dialing #777" and then it connects...once I do that it stays connected so this seems to be a problem with the WM5 startup not connecting...is there somewhere in the registry to check or is there a setting somewhere that got changed?
Old 04-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: No data connection after soft reset?

What rom are you running, and how long has this issue been occuring?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 04-15-2008, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

umm, if im interpreting what ur saying correctly, your upset because your phone doesnt automatically dial #777 when you soft reset?

If that is the case, your phone is not supposed to. It will only do that if there is some type of program that requests the connection to be opened upon start-up, such as activesync or an instant messenger, or a weather program. If you do want it to happen automatically look into that or mortscript or something like that.

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, that is normal behavior. The data connection starts when you initiate it. (Can you imagine if you didn't have a data plan and that happened?). My 'solution' was (if you use PhoneAlarm) to modify a PA skin to include a data 'switch'.

If you really want it 'automatic' though I bet someone in here can give you the line, or a script of some sort to do it automatically on startup if you really want though!!

Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Interesting...well I guess ever since I got the phone I've had something installed that requests an immediate connection then...I do use mail2web through activesync...is there something to look for there?
Old 04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Interesting...well I guess ever since I got the phone I've had something installed that requests an immediate connection then...I do use mail2web through activesync...is there something to look for there?
now that my friend, is probably the culprit....

heres what happens...

when you first connect to an exchange server, activesync automatically assumes your using it for push email, and configures it to "as items arrive", because of that, activesync automatically opens the connection when you soft reset, and also keeps your data connection open while your device is on(either dormant or active)

to check it, go to activesync on your phone, hit menu(bottom right softkey), and schedule, from there, you can alter it to your liking...
Old 04-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i completely took for granted that i have apps that do immediately open a data connection like pocketsportscenter.... so to me it really was 'normal' for my device to initiate a data session.... sheesh this modded life has made me forget what it was like before all my apps and tweaks!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
i completely took for granted that i have apps that do immediately open a data connection like pocketsportscenter.... so to me it really was 'normal' for my device to initiate a data session.... sheesh this modded life has made me forget what it was like before all my apps and tweaks!
This is my problem...I can't figure out what I got rid of or changed that now made me lose my data connection at startup...something changed but I can't figure out what...

Activesync is set to "as items arrive" which is how I thought it should be set since I want to be notified immediately when an email is sent to me...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 850e' / HTC Touch Pro 2 / Sprint Evo 4G !

Sprints700wx is just getting started

I might be kind.of experiencing the same thing..my connection usually would stay connected even if not in.use and now if its not in use for lets say 2 or 3 minutes ..I just Drops and It has to reconnect again if I want to surf the web or log on to Palringo/Slick?? any ideas??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX