PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM
N00b

bossmansmith is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
whats running and how big?

is there a small program or something built that can tell me everything that is running currently and how big each is. trying to decide between a couple of different programs that i like equally and thought i might just go with the one with the smallest footprint, also would like to know what memory and cpu hogs are running on my 700wx

thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
You might try something like SK Tools or MemMaid. I believe they both provide info on what is running and program size, etc.

Late,
Coz
Old 01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Yep, SK Tools has the ability of showing running process and their size.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:01 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bossmansmith is a n00b
ok tried sk tools - it listed installed apps and there installed size but it has nothing about the cpu % usage and it doesnt list the processes that are running on the treo.

anyone with help on this would be appreciated - still looking for a program that can list all running processes and if possible the cpu usage % of them.

thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Theres an app by dotfred at xda that's a nice little taskmanager that does just so processes and all. Here try it out plus its free!
~Mike

Old 01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Nice app Mike!

However, SK Tools does have a section for running processes and their size. I just confirmed it on my device.

Make sure you expand all the options on SK Tools, it has lots of tools!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
However, SK Tools does have a section for running processes and their size. I just confirmed it on my device.

Make sure you expand all the options on SK Tools, it has lots of tools!!!
Agreed.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

rddt is a n00b
What about the same type of software but for storage memory? Somehow I've used up 57.74MB out of 62.95MB, yet I only have a few programs installed, and save everything on my 2GB SD card. I tried the "Find large files using storage memory" link from the task manager, but it only finds <300KB across 6 files that meet the criteria of larger than 64KB.

Might I have some kind of storage leak? What's the best way to resolve this?

BTW here's what additional software I have installed:
Arcsoft MMS (real Picture Mail)
Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddt
What about the same type of software but for storage memory? Somehow I've used up 57.74MB out of 62.95MB, yet I only have a few programs installed, and save everything on my 2GB SD card. I tried the "Find large files using storage memory" link from the task manager, but it only finds <300KB across 6 files that meet the criteria of larger than 64KB.

Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!
Have you been doing a lot of browsing? If so you need to clean out your temp internet files, etc.

Late,
Coz
Old 01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx

rddt is a n00b
Ahhh, that must have been it! It took several painful minutes to delete the files, but now my in use storage memory has dropped from 57.74MB to 37.97MB.

Two questions: Is this still to high for what little I have installed?

And perhaps more importantly - How can I get PIE to set a reasonable size limit for its temporary internet files?

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rddt

Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!
Have you been doing a lot of browsing? If so you need to clean out your temp internet files, etc.

Late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX