PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Have SMS Threading but says I have unread messages incorrect (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2192)

jshinkes 01-31-2007 12:20 AM

Have SMS Threading but says I have unread messages incorrect

any idea.

My threaded SMS works fine but for some reason now I can not get it to show that I no longer have unread messages. It shows that 2 are unread but when I go into SMS all messages are viewed...help!!

Pibe38 01-31-2007 12:25 AM

Did you install it while you had an unread message???

jshinkes 01-31-2007 12:33 AM

no I did not. Have had it app for a few weeks now and it has worked fine. It has shown this for two days now and I put all the files from PALM Messaging back in again.

Also, if I put inbox on my today screen that also shows that I have 2 unread txt messages, but htat is impossible because I have not had txt messages go through outlook ever...

??

orangesuburban 01-31-2007 12:41 AM

i does the same thing for me...

when soft reset it will show them as missing, open the threader and nothing new, close it and its back to 0 then randomly it will show as unread text.. i have 5 unread text right now....

my idea was, if i get a text when i already have the threader open, it doesnt open the new text... but how do i clear it? deleting all text does not fix the issue!

Pibe38 01-31-2007 12:43 AM

I really don't know. Unfortunately this app was a beta and because of Palm's request all support and development stopped since it is their intellectual property. All the info is on the global announcement above.

orangesuburban 01-31-2007 01:29 AM

yeah, its really not a big deal, using PA, i just look for the notification that i have something new, rather then the fact that i have X many.

Soysauce23 02-03-2007 02:28 AM

happened to me...

.. but the soft reset did the trick.

Soysauce23 02-18-2007 04:28 AM

okay so I ran into this problem once again and attempted to troubleshoot it with the soft reset. I had no luck so I started poking around and found a solution. Please let me know if this helps:

I went into "Messaging" (not SMS). Looked in my INBOX of my "Text Messages" (not Outlook or MMS) and sure enough found a text message that was bold (signifying it was unread even though it was read through SMS". After I opened it up the notification of the unread text message was gone.

BelligerentOC 03-11-2007 04:36 AM

I have a similar problem except when I installed the program, it removed my Text messaging folder from messaging... Any idea how to get that back? Maybe I have an old beta?

Pibe38 03-11-2007 04:54 AM

There's no old beta. Development and distribution stopped at Palm's request. Not many users have this app because of the bugs. If you want your old messaging folder and POutlook (removing the SMS Thread app) you need to restore an old backup or hard reset.