PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   whats running and how big? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2166)

bossmansmith 01-30-2007 11:48 AM

whats running and how big?

is there a small program or something built that can tell me everything that is running currently and how big each is. trying to decide between a couple of different programs that i like equally and thought i might just go with the one with the smallest footprint, also would like to know what memory and cpu hogs are running on my 700wx

thanks

CozBoogie 01-30-2007 12:02 PM

You might try something like SK Tools or MemMaid. I believe they both provide info on what is running and program size, etc.

Late,
Coz

Pibe38 01-30-2007 02:05 PM

Yep, SK Tools has the ability of showing running process and their size.

bossmansmith 01-30-2007 03:01 PM

ok tried sk tools - it listed installed apps and there installed size but it has nothing about the cpu % usage and it doesnt list the processes that are running on the treo.

anyone with help on this would be appreciated - still looking for a program that can list all running processes and if possible the cpu usage % of them.

thanks

Wideawake 01-30-2007 04:59 PM

Theres an app by dotfred at xda that's a nice little taskmanager that does just so processes and all. Here try it out ;) plus its free!
~Mike

Pibe38 01-30-2007 05:10 PM

Nice app Mike!

However, SK Tools does have a section for running processes and their size. I just confirmed it on my device.

Make sure you expand all the options on SK Tools, it has lots of tools!!!

CozBoogie 01-30-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
However, SK Tools does have a section for running processes and their size. I just confirmed it on my device.

Make sure you expand all the options on SK Tools, it has lots of tools!!!

Agreed.

rddt 01-31-2007 08:30 PM

What about the same type of software but for storage memory? Somehow I've used up 57.74MB out of 62.95MB, yet I only have a few programs installed, and save everything on my 2GB SD card. I tried the "Find large files using storage memory" link from the task manager, but it only finds <300KB across 6 files that meet the criteria of larger than 64KB.

Might I have some kind of storage leak? What's the best way to resolve this?

BTW here's what additional software I have installed:
Arcsoft MMS (real Picture Mail)
Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!

CozBoogie 01-31-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rddt
What about the same type of software but for storage memory? Somehow I've used up 57.74MB out of 62.95MB, yet I only have a few programs installed, and save everything on my 2GB SD card. I tried the "Find large files using storage memory" link from the task manager, but it only finds <300KB across 6 files that meet the criteria of larger than 64KB.

Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!

Have you been doing a lot of browsing? If so you need to clean out your temp internet files, etc.

Late,
Coz

rddt 01-31-2007 10:21 PM

Ahhh, that must have been it! It took several painful minutes to delete the files, but now my in use storage memory has dropped from 57.74MB to 37.97MB.

Two questions: Is this still to high for what little I have installed?

And perhaps more importantly - How can I get PIE to set a reasonable size limit for its temporary internet files?

Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie
Quote:

Originally Posted by rddt

Microsoft Live Search
GooSync

- that's it!

Have you been doing a lot of browsing? If so you need to clean out your temp internet files, etc.

Late,
Coz