PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 01:05 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
BT wont turn on/ BT menu wont come up?

so i went to use my headset today and it wouldnt connect so i tried to go to my settings / connections / BT menu and it wont come up? i did a restore (spb backup) to a time when it was working and still nothing... anyone got ne ideas b4 i go for the hard reset?

Programs:

WP
PA
Live Search
Octro
Wisbar Lite
Spb Backup
Resco Explorer
Threaded SMS
CityID 2.1
Memaid
SkTools
PHM Reg
NetFront 3.4
tweaks 2k2.net

Most Files UPXed

thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 04:32 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
dont know what happened went with hard reset it was prolly time neways all works now
Old 01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Bluetooth hanging is a common problem on the 700wx after installing the sms patch that fixes text messaging to other providers. So far the only solution found is to do what you just did.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:55 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Threadstarter

soooooo lame whata pain in my ass that was thanks for the response
Old 02-04-2007, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx
Carrier: Sprint

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
I found that it is kind of related to Phone Alarm as I encountered this a number of times when I tried to enable BT via PA. However, you can predict if it is coming if you have a registry editor.

When BT is enabled/disabled, it wrote to the following registry entries:

Off:
[HKLM]/System/State/Hardware/Bluetooth 0x8
[HKLM]/System/State/Hardware/BTRadio/RadioState 0x0

On:
[HKLM]/System/State/Hardware/Bluetooth 0x9
[HKLM]/System/State/Hardware/BTRadio/RadioState 0x1

The problem was sometimes the entire registry folder BTRadio was dissapeared and that was when BT hung and the only sure way to get back was either hardrest or restore from previous good backup.

In addition, even if you notice the missing registry folder and entry prior to enable the BT and try to recreate the items will not fix the problem. I encountered this issue a number of times and spent a lot of hours to track the issue. In a few lockup instances, I managed to uninstall the PA after the locked up and the registry folder BTRadio suddenly came back. However, this does not work all the time. The only way to protect yourself is backup entire phone (including your stuff in storage card) often.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2007, 02:45 AM
N00b

jalfonso119 is a n00b
had the same problem for weeks couldnt find answer or fix...so i started by removing some of the lastest programs and got it to work...i installed a program forgot which but it also installed another program with it something "interkey" i removed this and bam i could get back into my bluetooth settings
Old 02-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx

willyrick is a n00b
BT issues

I have a virgin 700wx w/ v 1.14
I have added no apps/softwarer nor have I ventured into the reg (yet). My bluetooth locks up after a an hour or so and only a reset seems to clear it. This is obviuosly a problem with Treo's inplimentation of BT and a well known Treo and WM5 shortcoming. Having previuosly spent weeks of my lfe tryiing to get basic BT functionality on a ppc-6700, I thought I had seen the worst. I was wrong ..... My point is that this problem appears to be inherent to the Treo 700wx and WM5. If you are able to correct the problem with a tweak or two, great, perhaps documenting exactly what works would be of great service to the Treo community at large

ps~ Ive noticed that when the BT locks up it also disables the speaker phone
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Uhmm I have not had this issue. They only BT issue I have ever had is the occasional disconnect. Maybe you have a defective device?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 700wx

willyrick is a n00b
Pibe38, What BT headset (?) are you using? How are you using it? - i.e. Do you use it only occasionally, or do you camp out on the headset for hours at a time, waiting for calls to come in?
Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I have a Motorola H700 and a Plantronics Explorer 320. I use both for hours at a time, while driving, while walking, etc.

Lately I've been using the Explorer 320 more than the Moto one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX