PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Lurker

jeff123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lotus notes on 700wx?

First of all, I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now, since I bought the 700wx, and I gotta say, this site rocks! I've been able to add features to my phone beyond what I expected.

However, that said, one of the most important features to me seems to be out of reach. Does anyone know if I can access Lotus Notes email on my 700wx? I really need to access my work email but our IT people say haven't had much success with treos. Apparently, the blackberrys integrate much better with lotus notes- unfortunately I'm already attached to my treo. =)

Please help. What app can I use?

Thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 01:55 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
heres what i could find on google its a 30 day trial but its if necessary it might be worth it

mNotes
Old 01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ken987 is a n00b
Re: lotus notes on 700wx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff123
First of all, I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now, since I bought the 700wx, and I gotta say, this site rocks! I've been able to add features to my phone beyond what I expected.

However, that said, one of the most important features to me seems to be out of reach. Does anyone know if I can access Lotus Notes email on my 700wx? I really need to access my work email but our IT people say haven't had much success with treos. Apparently, the blackberrys integrate much better with lotus notes- unfortunately I'm already attached to my treo. =)

Please help. What app can I use?

Thanks
OUr IT department has had MUCH success using MNotes on my Treo 700WX
I get my calendar, contacts, and email all pushed to my phone whenver I get a new email. It also uses the look ahead typing that Lotus Notes has when I am sending an email internally. MNotes WILL work with your IT department to get it working but I imagine you need more than one person to have this. I think it is an Enterprise license and it runs on the server. The app is pretty small and then IT can configure your phone in 5 minutes.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Lurker

rji2goleez is a n00b
Here's an option so that you don't even have to contact your IT people. Create an new email account that can be accessed via your treo700wx. I created a new pop3 email account as I had unused email accounts with my home ISP.

In lotus notes, under views, create a rule to forward all email to this new email address. Have your treo email software check for email every 15 minutes. You'll get full copies of your notes email, including attachments, downloaded to your treo. It may be a 'poor man blackberry' approach but it's better than dealing with the IT helpless desk.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jeff123 is a n00b
thanks! i'll ask them to look into the mnotes corporate as i believe we have around 100 company wide using windows mobile.

if that doesn't work, i guess i'll set up another gmail account. =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX