PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Treo 700W/WX (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   lotus notes on 700wx? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2043)

jeff123 01-25-2007 12:49 AM

lotus notes on 700wx?

First of all, I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now, since I bought the 700wx, and I gotta say, this site rocks! I've been able to add features to my phone beyond what I expected.

However, that said, one of the most important features to me seems to be out of reach. Does anyone know if I can access Lotus Notes email on my 700wx? I really need to access my work email but our IT people say haven't had much success with treos. Apparently, the blackberrys integrate much better with lotus notes- unfortunately I'm already attached to my treo. =)

Please help. What app can I use?

Thanks

wowthatisrandom 01-25-2007 01:55 AM

heres what i could find on google its a 30 day trial but its if necessary it might be worth it

mNotes

ken987 01-26-2007 08:14 AM

Re: lotus notes on 700wx?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff123
First of all, I've been lurking on this site for many weeks now, since I bought the 700wx, and I gotta say, this site rocks! I've been able to add features to my phone beyond what I expected.

However, that said, one of the most important features to me seems to be out of reach. Does anyone know if I can access Lotus Notes email on my 700wx? I really need to access my work email but our IT people say haven't had much success with treos. Apparently, the blackberrys integrate much better with lotus notes- unfortunately I'm already attached to my treo. =)

Please help. What app can I use?

Thanks

OUr IT department has had MUCH success using MNotes on my Treo 700WX
I get my calendar, contacts, and email all pushed to my phone whenver I get a new email. It also uses the look ahead typing that Lotus Notes has when I am sending an email internally. MNotes WILL work with your IT department to get it working but I imagine you need more than one person to have this. I think it is an Enterprise license and it runs on the server. The app is pretty small and then IT can configure your phone in 5 minutes.

rji2goleez 01-28-2007 05:40 PM

Here's an option so that you don't even have to contact your IT people. Create an new email account that can be accessed via your treo700wx. I created a new pop3 email account as I had unused email accounts with my home ISP.

In lotus notes, under views, create a rule to forward all email to this new email address. Have your treo email software check for email every 15 minutes. You'll get full copies of your notes email, including attachments, downloaded to your treo. It may be a 'poor man blackberry' approach but it's better than dealing with the IT helpless desk.

jeff123 01-30-2007 06:08 PM

thanks! i'll ask them to look into the mnotes corporate as i believe we have around 100 company wide using windows mobile.

if that doesn't work, i guess i'll set up another gmail account. =)